Mesh'd up hundy!

LJ_24

Adventurer
I found one on mud! $40 shipped! Not bad:victory:

I found this at my local toyota parts dismantler!

Got the TOYOTA grille emblem and a license plate bracket for a swingout carrier for my future rear bumper in exchange for some 3rd generation 4 runner turn signals:smiley_drive:

DSC07034.jpg

LJ_24

Adventurer
Finally the old school yota emblem is on:wings:

Comments and criticism is appreciated:smiley_drive:

DSC07053.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Looks SWEET to me man. I love the new "old" emblem, and as I said before I REALLY like the mesh treatment you did. Your Hundy looks AWESOME as it is, those simple "little" things you just did really make it stand out to me.

Just my opinion, but I say NO TRD emblem... I think it'll just clutter up a clean looking mod you did. I think adding the other badge will just make it to "honduh Civic Esque" if you know what I'm saying ;) Keep it simple and clean as it is. Besides, Cruisers don't NEED TRD treatment. TRD is what Toyota does to make Taco's more LIKE a Cruiser eh :D

Cheers

Dave

PS... Ya need to change your Avvy now eh mate ;)

Last edited:

LJ_24

Adventurer
Looks SWEET to me man. I love the new "old" emblem, and as I said before I REALLY like the mesh treatment you did. Your Hundy looks AWESOME as it is, those simple "little" things you just did really make it stand out to me.

Just my opinion, but I say NO TRD emblem... I think it'll just clutter up a clean looking mod you did. I think adding the other badge will just make it to "honduh Civic Esque" if you know what I'm saying ;) Keep it simple and clean as it is. Besides, Cruisers don't NEED TRD treatment. TRD is what Toyota does to make Taco's more LIKE a Cruiser eh :D

Cheers

Dave

PS... Ya need to change your Avvy now eh mate ;)

Avatar is changed now:smiley_drive: Good point on keeping the grille clean, No TRD emblem for me:elkgrin:

Patman

Explorer
I like the plain simple look, the emblems should be one or the other, trd or toyota, not both.

Now all you need are some steelies! :)

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Just my opinion, but I say NO TRD emblem... I think it'll just clutter up a clean looking mod you did. I think adding the other badge will just make it to "honduh Civic Esque" if you know what I'm saying ;) Keep it simple and clean as it is. Besides, Cruisers don't NEED TRD treatment. TRD is what Toyota does to make Taco's more LIKE a Cruiser.

Agree completely; Land Cruiser performance is what others aspire to achieve.

Putting anything else on there is... poser-esque.

LJ_24

Adventurer
I like the plain simple look, the emblems should be one or the other, trd or toyota, not both.

Now all you need are some steelies! :)

I wish they could make alloys that look like the steelies so I wouldnt have to add so much weight.

That being said, I have decided to go with LX470 16's pc'ed black:smiley_drive:

ginericLC

Adventurer
I've actually been thinking about going back to stock. I've had the mesh for a couple of years. I think I'm ready for another change. The other thing I've been contemplating doing is taking off the side trim and welding in all the holes.

The purpose of steel wheels isn't for looks. It is to have a durable wheel that you can bend back into shape when out and about rather than have a wheel crack or break.

Attachments

• vorfabsnowday 006 (Small).jpg
    vorfabsnowday 006 (Small).jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 23

LJ_24

Adventurer
I've actually been thinking about going back to stock. I've had the mesh for a couple of years. I think I'm ready for another change. The other thing I've been contemplating doing is taking off the side trim and welding in all the holes.

The purpose of steel wheels isn't for looks. It is to have a durable wheel that you can bend back into shape when out and about rather than have a wheel crack or break.

If you want to go back to stock, send me your mesh grille and I will send you my extra oem grille!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1