New Caribou Quick Fasten Cargo Box & Case System

4RExpo

Really like the looks of these - wish you had an optioin for my 4Runner.

Another feature that would be nice is if these boxes had a mount for the receiver hitch. That way they could be in the truck bed or the back of the 4Runner, but if you needed that cargo space for some large object, this box could be attached to the receiver hitch until you unload your cargo.

CaribouCargo

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Really like the looks of these - wish you had an optioin for my 4Runner.

Another feature that would be nice is if these boxes had a mount for the receiver hitch. That way they could be in the truck bed or the back of the 4Runner, but if you needed that cargo space for some large object, this box could be attached to the receiver hitch until you unload your cargo.

There are several cargo platforms available that mount to a receiver hitch, all you would have to do is drill four holes and mount our system. Some of these cargo platforms are big enough to mount two of our larger boxes.

-rog

4RExpo

There are several cargo platforms available that mount to a receiver hitch, all you would have to do is drill four holes and mount our system. Some of these cargo platforms are big enough to mount two of our larger boxes.

-rog

Not talking about adding it to an existing hitch-cargo system - rather I am talking about these boxes having a built-in attachment that would/could fold down and hook straight into the receiver. That way you could store the box inside the truck as your everyday supply box, but if you needed the inside space (maybe you stop at the store a pick up some large item), you could take the box out of the bed/back of your truck and then attach the box to the hitch without needing an existing hitch cargo platform.

RallyBud

Hey folks! Sorry to bump an old thread but I have been looking for ways to mount/secure some Pelican Cases I own in the back of my 4Runner.

Has anyone used these in the back of an SUV or similar application?

SGTCap

Adventurer
Have y'all done any mounts for the Pelican and Storm rifle cases. I shoot 3-Gun competetively and have some friends in the fireams manufacturing comunity. Smash and grab vehicle robberies after major matches and fireamrs shows are not unheard of. Most competetors use the larger Pelican and Storm cases for our gear and a way to keep it secure, even inside the vehicle, would offer great peice of mind.

A good freind just lost over 10k in guns and gear (much of it on loan from other manufactures) and most of it was in Pelican cases. Something like this could have easily prevented such an event. Posibly a new market to explore.

shanz3n5

Adventurer
is there a reason not to resurrect an old post like this?

Can anyone please tell me how to find the cases mention in the beginning of this post ..... 5500 and 7300 series? thanx

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Can anyone please tell me how to find the cases mention in the beginning of this post ..... 5500 and 7300 series? thanx

Considering the 4yr-old nature of this thread, Pelican may not use those model numbers anymore. I'd look at the dimensions of the cases and then use those on the Pelican website's 'case finder' to see what they have now.

5500 Series 23”x17”x14”/25”x19.5”x15.75”
7300 Series 29”x18”x14”/31”x20.5”x15.75”

Last edited:

shanz3n5

Adventurer
yes your right its old and i could not find those numbers any longer. the prices for those dimension are very very high. so ill have to resort to another manufacturer.

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
yes your right its old and i could not find those numbers any longer. the prices for those dimension are very very high. so ill have to resort to another manufacturer.

I would search eBay for the older model #s, or even the newer models of the same size. Lots of used cases get sold online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1