New Flip Pac on my 2008 Tacoma

hurleyskis

I gave up searching for a used one and bit the bullet. Headed south from Reno on Friday night for an 8:30AM appt. with FRP. Couldn't be happier with the customer service and installation....and of course...the pac.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

suntinez

Explorer
Congrats! That looks nice. I like the camp table on top of the cot part, will have to give that a try myself. As always, interested to see what you come up with for the interior.

18seeds

Explorer
Nice

Could you measure the height of the FP on your truck please? Wondering if it would fit into a garage.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
man that is a wicked setup...

with my family of 5 I honestly see a double-cab taco and a flippac in my future...

I've given up on the westy idea. too un-reliable.

the $$ involved is the problem, but I'll have to see how the next year goes at my job. movin' upwards is good for the expo sickness.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
man that is a wicked setup...

with my family of 5 I honestly see a double-cab taco and a flippac in my future...

I've given up on the westy idea. too un-reliable.

the $$ involved is the problem, but I'll have to see how the next year goes at my job. movin' upwards is good for the expo sickness.

If you get the TRD Sport model you can get the double cab with the 6 ft bed and an LSD rear - add a FlipPac and it would be a great truck for you guys.

Last edited:

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
If you get the TRD Sport model you can get the double cab with the 6 ft bed and an LSD rear - add a FlipPac and it would be a great truck for you guys.

10-4...double cab with the 6ft bed must have been the one I was salivating over...

I was thinking I was stuck with a shortbed, and then I saw one that looked longer.

sorry to hijack! all done....

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I gave up searching for a used one and bit the bullet. Headed south from Reno on Friday night for an 8:30AM appt. with FRP. Couldn't be happier with the customer service and installation....and of course...the pac.

Great looking setup.

If you live in Reno, why don't you stop by one of the meetings and introduce yourself. We have both rockcrawlers and explorers in the club. I would love to check it out in person.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/nv-battle-born-cruisers-northern-nevada/321336-bbcnn-meeting-10-13-09-a.html

Jack

Nullifier

Expedition Leader

You do not have to get the trd sport package to get the long bed. Personally I would save the 3k trd sport option get the base model. Then add better suspension (icon front OME heavy rear) and a rear arb locker for that money. I know that Toyot a of Dallas get have the truck ready to ro;; outfited for you to pick up. Chris Cole from Campa bought his Truck for the evs there and they installed the OMEsuspension and ARB lockers as to kep up with the warranty.

The factory bilstien suspension will not tolerate the flip pac, 5 people and gear.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
You do not have to get the trd sport package to get the long bed. Personally I would save the 3k trd sport option get the base model. Then add better suspension (icon front OME heavy rear) and a rear arb locker for that money. I know that Toyot a of Dallas get have the truck ready to ro;; outfited for you to pick up. Chris Cole from Campa bought his Truck for the evs there and they installed the OMEsuspension and ARB lockers as to kep up with the warranty.

The factory bilstien suspension will not tolerate the flip pac, 5 people and gear.

If you opt to not get the Sport or Off Road TRD packages and go with the base SR5 you get the crappy (IMO) SR5 seats.

The upgraded TRD seats alone make either of the TRD packages well worth the extra initial cost.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
If you opt to not get the Sport or Off Road TRD packages and go with the base SR5 you get the crappy (IMO) SR5 seats.

The upgraded TRD seats alone make either of the TRD packages well worth the extra initial cost.

Well I wil agree th base seats are not that good but I was just pointing out that you do not have to get the 3k trd package just to rmove pretty much all of it to get the d cab long bed. :coffeedrink:

blupaddler

Conspirator
Alright, why can I not see the Flip-pac? There is no pictures, just white background...

Is this a forbidden thing for 80 series owners or am I just dub?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1