OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

Just came to say I can run the AC and heat pump, along with everything else, no problem from a 20amp 110 outlet with a dogbone.
Thanks Kevin. 😊 I finally got an adapter to convert the 240V outlet to 120V(30 Amp) and ran the camper heater, AC and other devices off of the truck with no issues. It’s nice to have a portable generator on wheels ! 😊

Just swapping both the solar+inverter to Lithium mode.. The inverter/charger kinda sucks, and won't charge until you hit basically empty, so I'd recommend setting the charging voltages manually in it so you don't end up totally dead after 4-5 cloudy days in a row.

~Page 22 in the PDF, you want to set the battery to user-defined, then set option 94 to ALb, then set your charging voltages in 26/27.

I put in some cheap Weize 100ah LiFePo4 batteries and they've been fine so far, but they are cheap and kinda sus. If they fail I'll probably move to something more reputable, but so far so good (~6mo or so)

The only real drawback is measuring voltage to determine state-of-charge for Lithium batteries sucks. Having a shunt to actually measure input/output is way more accurate and I'll probably be spending a bunch of time re-wiring most of the trailer to fix this in a month or two.
I just put in the new LifePo4 batteries today. No issues and everything is running fine. Just like you mentioned I set the inverter to option 94 to Alb then set the charging voltages in 26/27. And yes, like you I’m looking at some sort of shunt to monitor the batteries. I‘m “thinking” of installing a Victron Bluetooth shunt to monitor the batteries. Thankfully I live in AZ and sunshine shouldn‘t be an issue.

LaBlaze

The latch material doesn't feel cheap. It all feels well put together and solid.
The black handles bars that push up the roof no longer lock into place. We have to velcro ziptie them to get them to stay in place now. They stay up vbut dont lock We've only had the camper for not even 2 months. First it was the back one now the front one also. Is there a trick to getting them to stay? We just push them up and put the pin in it. I'm not sure if we need to tighten a screw or something but everything seems tight. Pretty disappointing.

gtbike96

The black handles bars that push up the roof no longer lock into place. We have to velcro ziptie them to get them to stay in place now. They stay up vbut dont lock We've only had the camper for not even 2 months. First it was the back one now the front one also. Is there a trick to getting them to stay? We just push them up and put the pin in it. I'm not sure if we need to tighten a screw or something but everything seems tight. Pretty disappointing.
I'm assuming yours did not come with pins to hold it in place? These should be used when raised and lowered.
baa3e62bc972052647c059fe9e09dbc2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

USR103

Has anyone considered a roof top AC. I have seen the Opus and the MDC have them. It appears to to be the same type trailer. They are using the Dometic penguin 2

I would like to some AC options too. Did anyone see the latest ROA video on the MDC campers ? I really liked the idea of having some gas struts on that back bedroom wall setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp