Offline maps Backcountry Navigator

Can you tell me, does it have access to the Accuterra maps? That mapset is mostly what has me tied to BCN Pro.
I asked the support contact. Let you know what they say.

I use the usgs topos mostly and the forest services if I'm in that area. If it has a flexible map based URL then it should be able to display it. If you go to caltopo.com you can use any of the maps you find in there

ico135

Might have to give MyTrails a go as well. I have gotten BackCountry working for the most part but i still find it to not be the least bit user friendly.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Got my new tablet today. It exceeded my expectiations for a 100 dollar tablet. its super snappy and even has compass and GPS built in! Now, I have my GPS apps installed, I just need to figure out how to store mapps from mytrails to my SD card for off line duties.

kojackJKU

I got a 8" lePan mini. Picked it up for 100.00 dollars Canadian from future shop. Its a great well built tablet. I am surprised at how well it works. I am not a fan of the android OS but it works much better on newer hardware.

Be prepared to wait A LONG TIME to download mapping. I am downloading 3.9 gb of mapping, I started it about 4pm yesterday, its 7:20 here now and im only about 3/4 done. ha ha. Will be worth it when it finishes tho. Then On to downloading sat imagery.

Last edited:
Yes, but how do you cache the mapping for off line use?

can you see the map in mytrails.

open the link using your browser on the phone. it will ask you if you want to open with mytrails
hit yes.

then the map is available in my trails.

to cache a map just long press anywhere and select create offline. there are a few dozen options for this so just play with it. you can do it around a track or a radius or draw a square.

the only issue i have currently is there is no good waypoint manager yet. but version 2.1 will have it. Im part of the beta tester program and we are on 2.0.9 beta now and its getting there.

kojackJKU

Ok, will report back. I don't care to much about waypoints as long as I can set a few for intersections in the road.

Does it take along time to cache maps in it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1