Ordering a Jeep?

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
My wife and I are getting a new Unlimited this fall and the more I look at it the more I think I want to order one. All most all of the ones on the lots have more options than I want. What step do you have to go through to order one?

The only options we want are Max Tow, Hard top and Auto Trans other that that we really want a sport non S package. Not having all the power stuff is a plus for me. I know I weird for someone born in the 80's.

thanks

Nate

Last edited:

shogun

Adventurer
The biggest issue will be holding to your plan and finding a dealer willing to do it. They need to move whats on the lot and arent much interested in ordering stuff. They will go to great lengths to get you to take one of the lot vehicles off their hands.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
No problem at all. I special ordered my Rubicon with just that, autotranny, hardtop and max tow package and nothing else. Went to the dealer, told him what I wanted, paid a $500 deposit, waited 11 weeks (should have been 6 to 8 weeks, but my Rubi was stuck on the mfg. lot for 4 weeks and then on the truck for another extra week), picked it up at the dealer, paperwork as normal.

Already back in 2001, I special ordered a WJ; also because I was unable to find one without all the gimmick that I neither needed nor wanted and just aded to the price.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
No problem at all. I special ordered my Rubicon with just that, autotranny, hardtop and max tow package and nothing else.

Is that a 2012 Rubicon?
My understanding is the '12 Rubicon now comes with power windows, etc. and I'm wondering if it's possible to special order without that stuff.

Thanks,
-Dan

Is that a 2012 Rubicon?
My understanding is the '12 Rubicon now comes with power windows, etc. and I'm wondering if it's possible to special order without that stuff.

Thanks,
-Dan

The 2011 Rubicon "came" with all the power stuff also. I ordered our Rubi without it all and the just the basic radio - no prob. Dealer said he never knew you could get a Rubicon so cheap :wings:

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Is that a 2012 Rubicon?

Thanks,
-Dan
Yes, this is correct, and I did not delete the power windows :eek: as they do come in handy. You can delete them, or better opt for half doors together with the soft top.

The base Sport that Nate was posting about comes standard without power windows.

Repo503

Adventurer
Half doors are awesome and if you decide you want fulls you can easily find someone to trade with and might make some cash in the process as half doors are much less common.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i walked into my dealer, ordered and walked out 30 minutes later. they don't care if you want to order. its a confirmed sale for then and they didn't even have to breath.

mine should be here the first week of december if things go right.

Capt Eddie

Adventurer
I just found out that you can not order a Rubicon with half doors. Atleast that is what the salesman said. Is it true?

Lance4me

Observer
Spend $60.00 to join Tread Lightly for a 3 years membership and you're entitle to get 1% below invoice. Order mine 10 days ago and waiting......hope it will get here by X'mas.

GarScramb

Spend $60.00 to join Tread Lightly for a 3 years membership and you're entitle to get 1% below invoice. Order mine 10 days ago and waiting......hope it will get here by X'mas.

Been looking at doing this to get a new '12. Now that I looked at the details of the discount I am unclear on something. Is the 1% really off of the Invoice? Because on the Tread Lightly site it shows as being a discount from the "Preferred Price". The example shown doesn't look like that price is Invoice. What was your experience? How much did you get off of the sticker?

Thanks in advance.

Lance4me

Observer
well, the number (dealer invoice) they show me match the number I search on line. my JKU w/24s,AT,hard top,side step,LSD and Max tow comes to 29857 before tax.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
I just found out that you can not order a Rubicon with half doors. Atleast that is what the salesman said. Is it true?

its true. you can order the half doors from mopar directly though.

the VIN was issued on my Jeep. scheduled delivery of the 16th. 24 days build time :Wow1:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Well I ended up getting one off the lot that my wife fell in love with. Now All I need is to get my old Rover sold and Get my Parts all ordered.
Going with
2" AEV lift
AEV Front bumper
AEV Tire Carrier ( I have this from my old Jeep)
315/70 R16 on some Black soft 8's
and Maybe some 4.56 gears just have to see how I like the 35's with the 3.73

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1