Overland Expo West 2015

nranger05

Driving down from NorCal

We'll be overlanding down from NorCal for our third EXPO in 4 years. Can't wait to get started. The PU camper is stickered with EXPO and Expedition Portal graphics and we'll be watching for others in route. Looking forward to it.

Safe travels!

65BAJA

Da Nu Guy
IN!

Just found out a few days ago that I'm going to this one. Being my first expo What should I expect? I read last year was kinda dusty.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Just found out a few days ago that I'm going to this one. Being my first expo What should I expect? I read last year was kinda dusty.

Yes - it's spring, which is always either breezy or windy in northern Arizona, and due to the extensive drought the dust is impossible to eliminate completely. We usually get a couple calm days and a couple windy days, but it's chance. It's also normally cool at night and warm during the day, but rain and even snow is possible. Short answer: Pretend you're going overlanding and be prepared! The weather never stops everyone from having a great time.

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
Yes - it's spring, which is always either windy or cat-5 hurricane in northern Arizona,
fix'd that. B]

Fortunately there's been rather a lot of precipitation up here recently and there aren't many spots that are dry enough to be dusty; it's pretty tacky all around, right now. While you should definitely plan for wind and rain and wind, dust and fire-risk probably aren't much off a concern unless it dries out like the end of the world in 2 weeks.

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Are most people camping on site?

Most people who sign up for the whole class package (Overland Experience) camp on site, since it's so much easier to get to classes that way than if you stay in Flagstaff or camp elsewhere. If you're on a weekend pass you can either buy an on-site camping pass too or stay elsewhere, since time isn't as critical. You could even hotel it in Flagstaff; it's about a half hour drive each way.

Judoka

Learning To Live
Just a sugestion

I just though I would throw this out there as a suggestion. If you are coming in from Colorado heading to the 4 corners area taking US HWY 160 across the Navajo Reservation from The Four Corners National Monument area Tuba City AZ is absolutely awe inspiring if you like geology! At Kayenta AZ, people often divert into Monument Valley. This stretch of Highway 160 is remote and almost appears frozen in time. See you all at EXPO !

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
Hey are you actually out camping there now or just a shot of the area? I camp up there a LOT and I am always up for talking shop around a campfire when possible.

I just got back from camping up in the woods near there, yes, though that pic was taken Thursday. I'm always down for camping out, even work nights.

kmlacroix

Explorer
Starting to get my gear assembled for the Expo. Looks like it might be wet this year. First time going, so I will very likely forget something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design