Panoramic Shots

fangars

Adventurer
One of the places I still regret missing shots of was south of Hovenweep National Monument, there was a hill we crested upon which you could see all the land marks of that area against the late afternoon skies.
You could see Bear Ears, the Abajo Mountain, Monument Valley, Sleeping Ute, Shiprock and several other mountains and mesas. I was in a hurry to make it to the Hovenweep campground so my wife could get some much needed sleep after having been up over 32 hours. I wish I could remember the road.

Here is a stitch of 3 images with the camera tilted at 90 degrees. The next best thing to a real wide angle lens.
4889240553_daa6d273b7_b.jpg

JackW

Explorer
10 shot panorama from the Horsethief overlook south of Tehatchapie, CA taken last Wednesday, Aug 11 around 6:30 PM

Windmills on the ridge above Tehatchapie

Last edited:

JackW

Explorer
I never seem to have the tripod handy when I need it - sometimes I have the monopod with me but mostly hand held for me - CS5 does a great job of merging photos - now if I would just remember Scott Kelby's trick of moving your feet instead of rotating your torso when taking the shots. His idea is to move as if you were pivoting around a fixed point (like a monopod) instead of swinging the camera in an arc. When I remember to do that the pictures look even better.

xjblue

Observer
Handheld, except I did shoot a pano night scene with a little ultra-pod a couple weeks ago that looks like will turn out ok.

Pfeifferhorn0710_panoA.jpg

DorB

Adventurer
The Dead sea from the judean desert clif, winter 06.
attachment.php

Attachments

• pano3_1.JPG
    pano3_1.JPG
    922.6 KB · Views: 288

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1