Passed test 2 Days ago and have my call sign!

4RExpo

After reading this forum a month ago, I was motivated and figured it was time to get my Ham license. I took the test Saturday morning and found my call sign in the FCC database this afternoon. 2 days - that is fast!

I used the Gordon West Technician study guide and the audio CD's. For anyone who is not aware, all the questions and answers to the exam are published. So, if you study, there will not be any surprises.

I bought a Yaesu VX-8DR a couple of weeks ago, so I have been listening the local repeaters and the Nets. Tonight, I finally got to use the radio for transmitting. It was great! I really like the radio and I was fortunate to have a 'first contact' with a group of really nice guys that made me feel very welcome.

Kilowatt - Charlie - Niner - Tagno - Micahel - Lima

There are 4 of us that I know who passed Tech on Saturday. You, myself, ratkin, and AlaskanFlightMedic. So far it seems you're the only one to get in the database today.

I keep checking mine knowing full well if it's not there now, it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest. :)

I have a Yaesu VX-6R and VX-3R myself. I'm stuck using them to listen, but I've been programming in local repeaters like a madman in reserved anticipation of actually being able to hit one and talk. :)

Last edited:

4RExpo

Yeah - it must come down to how quickly the exam team enters the info. My exam team told me they would be entering the info to the FCC online system on Saturday. I thought I might see it mid-week, but was really surprised to see it today.

Congrats on your license and I hope it is in there for you soon.

ratkin

Adventurer
Kj4zty

Yeah, I didn't look in the DB before Wednesday to see if it was there, and was shocked to see that it was there on Monday. My license came in the mail yesterday (Friday)!
- KJ4ZTY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1