Photo Critiqing Thread

cbradley

Adventurer
Let me know your thoughts. In addition to the usual topics of critique, I'd also be interested in hearing people's thoughts on the implementation of HDR in the image, as well as thoughts on removing the rainbow artifact from the right side. It is definitely an artifact, but some part of me likes it. Thank you ahead of time for your critiques and advice.

_DSC9987And7more-XL.jpg

Last edited:

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
golden gate LR profile.JPG
If you use LR4 try this formula. just an idea of what I would have done for processing. Little dark for my liking as is.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Very nice. really pulls the colors out. dang it has been a long time since I seen the Golden Gate. I avoid SF like the plague but the last I was there was to see the Niners whip Brett Farve, although I went to see it the other way around. was still a great time hanging out with my dad and watching a game

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I like John's tweak. I personally would remove the rainbow/lens flare, and the giant dust ball above the north tower....and probably would remove the radio tower in the far distance as well. Otherwise, toss in a beautifull redheaded Irish lass there on the green, and it'd be perfect.

ramzflier

Yep. I agree with the tweaks and the advice to clean up the rainbow flare. The dust ball above the north tower is pretty hard to see, but the sky is so clear it is detectable. I'm in SF and find no shortage of great scenic opportunities.

cbradley

Adventurer
I've put in a request for an Irish model on model mayhem. We'll get that fixed right away.

I like John's tweak. I personally would remove the rainbow/lens flare, and the giant dust ball above the north tower....and probably would remove the radio tower in the far distance as well. Otherwise, toss in a beautifull redheaded Irish lass there on the green, and it'd be perfect.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I've put in a request for an Irish model on model mayhem. We'll get that fixed right away.

You get a little "irish" redhead up there with a reflector or some flash and your gonna have an OMG image IMO.

MM just pisses me off most times lol. I have had some good models and some flakes. I dont do much in portraiture any more except for with my family.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Nathan's the guy that gets all the blame for getting me into this expensive hobby/lifestyle.

hahaha with out a doubt it is Blame. This might be more expensive than Golf, IS more expensive than my 1st 2nd and 3rd vehicles put together.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Then there is the added expense of counseling and medication for depression when you have to work so much in your day job that you don't have time to pick up the camera for any shooting.

At least I'm enjoying all the great work being posted here.

Someday I will return. :sombrero:

Sebas

Adventurer
hi , i need help about a couple of shots, good, bad, problems, mistakes, etc. opinions please.

The camera is a Kodak Z990 (bridge)

Castillo Wulff
8680125828_f3d9f9e153_b.jpg

Muelle Vergara
8678987797_f54b76b445_b.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Sebas, whenever I see a email response to the photography section from your moniker, I am quick to view them, as I think you have a great eye and I enjoy your photos.

In these two recent images, I much prefer the second one. The fog, the warm lighting, the undertones of leviathan rising out the water to wreak havoc, or whatever.... its a compelling image at first glance. However, the more I look at it, I tend to loose interest, realizing that the components of the image are rather mundane. Sorry, but that's how I react to it. First glance, it's almost primeval, second more studied glance, and I'm hitting the next page button.....

The first image really doesn't grab me. I think perhaps it's two wide a shot, the context of the modern lighting, city backdrop, cars, etc... all contrast to the historic effect the castle should portray. Trying cropping that one down to feature details of the castle, and it might work better, at least, it might for my eye.

Regards,

Nathan Woods

Sebas

Adventurer
Sebas, whenever I see a email response to the photography section from your moniker, I am quick to view them, as I think you have a great eye and I enjoy your photos.

In these two recent images, I much prefer the second one. The fog, the warm lighting, the undertones of leviathan rising out the water to wreak havoc, or whatever.... its a compelling image at first glance. However, the more I look at it, I tend to loose interest, realizing that the components of the image are rather mundane. Sorry, but that's how I react to it. First glance, it's almost primeval, second more studied glance, and I'm hitting the next page button.....

The first image really doesn't grab me. I think perhaps it's two wide a shot, the context of the modern lighting, city backdrop, cars, etc... all contrast to the historic effect the castle should portray. Trying cropping that one down to feature details of the castle, and it might work better, at least, it might for my eye.

Regards,

Nathan Woods

Thanks for the answer, i feel a little "stuck" in my advance and needed some critiques about my shots, thanks again.

(My english is to basic, sorry for the short answer)

Regards,

Sebas.-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1