Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Bbasso

Expedition goofball
I've seen very similar roof top hatches on Commercial builds in NYC, kinda over kill for a van but definitely would last .
I'd prefer a removable glass sunroof large enough to fit through.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
I've seen very similar roof top hatches on Commercial builds in NYC, kinda over kill for a van but definitely would last .
I'd prefer a removable glass sunroof large enough to fit through.
These are "industrial strength" and huge, looked on Google at hatches and there are a ton of choices from buildings to RVs and boats. I am looking to put some in one of my other vans, my kids love them...

Accrete

Explorer
Jim that's a great setup!
Nice to hear your kids (and the "hood's" kids) luv it and sure they'll have memories to share around campfires of their own one day.

Happy and safe adventures,
Thom

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Campgrounds are packed for Memorial weekend, but found a spot on the dirt!
20160528_213440_zpsc49rhnql.jpg

Accrete

Explorer
What front bumper / brush guard is that? That's just what I'm looking for.
If you are talking about naterry's Ute E350... I recognize the front bumper and rear-with-boxes as similar set up as our Aluminess we have on our AWDchevy. IF that's the case, they typically don't come on the cheap! But worth every penny for our use. We just got back from a 5 day trip and our camp-kitchen setup with the rear galley box was fast and functional.

: ) Thom

mikeyt

Sorry , that was directed at bozwell13, but the Aluminess rear set up is in my near future, Thanks....BTW are you anywhere near Newport, heading out tomorrow from Newport, RI for the 3rd time in 5 months...love my van !

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Camping in Richard Weed at Lime Creek Above Durango Colorado

126.jpg095.jpg027.jpg034.jpg059.jpg088.jpg
Ever try wheeling on a tight twisty trail in dense forest with a 10,000lb van and a 13 ft long wheelbase? We had 4 days of beautiful weather at 9900 ft near Lime Creek under the aspens and pines. My favorite part was when my wife climbed into the RTT to get my girls to take a nap, a few minutes later I see both my girls sneaking out while my wife continued to sleep soundly for the next few hours...

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Now for the rest of the Lime Creek story 1 of 2

013.jpg049.jpg060.jpg054.jpg
I had to head back up to Lime Creek a few days later to retrieve some gear, drove the big 2WD van and had a great day in the back woods until...

Last edited:

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Lime Creek, the rest of the story, part 2 of 2

023.jpg031.jpg039.jpg

Everything was going great until I dropped into the big mud hole (which I had been through before) down into the goop, reached for the transfer case lever and found nothing but air. It dawned on me that I was in our lifted 2WD van, not our 4WD van, I had no front axle or Tcase and was very stuck. After a few minutes of spinning tires, slinging mud, moving forward and back a few feet for no good reason at all, I was buried. 6 hours of digging, laughing and eating mud, I then got to eat some crow as my wife and girls showed up to rescue me from the pit. Let's not mention the winch mount I've been working on, which is ready to accept any of the 3 winches sitting on the floor of my shed and would have made this a 5 minute ordeal rather than all afternoon, lol...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1