Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

Hondarider

Adventurer
Just picked up my next adventure bike...haven't even ridden it yet...waiting for the title to come so I can register it...too bad its supposed to snow on Thursday.

Attachments

• R1200GSA 1.jpg
    R1200GSA 1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 85

Frank

Explorer
Nice bike! It looks like your putting together a nice jeep too!

BTW, deals are popping up on heated clothing! Check Aerostich!

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
image.jpg

Saline valley road, death valley, ca

image-1.jpg

Titus canyon, death valley, ca

Last edited:

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
If you look closely the motard actually has a flat. It happened to be only the first flat of the weekend. It was due to hitting a rut that popped out on us at 50mph :Wow1: We replaced the 17" tube with our spare 21" tube. Got over 200 miles out of it the rest of the weekend. On our last ride before coming home we decided to hit Lippincott mine. At the end of the most difficult part of the ascent the 21" tube pops. Very long story short, we patched the holes and continued. About 10 miles later it fails again. While trying to put all the weight on the front wheel he rode the flat back to camp over 50 miles. The Michelin Pilot Power held extremely well and protected the rim beyond expectation over the rest of the washboards, rocks, ruts, silt and sand. Needless to say I ordered a Michelin Pilot Power to replace my rear for my SM wheelset. That tire did excellent inflated and deflated :sombrero: My buddy kicked but with that setup. I don't think we ever would have encountered any flats if it wasn't for that initial rut.

Lessons learned: Bring tubes for every size tire if car camping with the bikes. And bring more patches.

We faced A LOT of adversity this trip. We overcame all the adversity and it made for an unforgettable, excellent adventure! :bike_rider::bike_rider::bike_rider::bike_rider:

zolo

Explorer
About to cross the Tallulah River, GA.
Rode with some buddy's on XR's. Great ride. N GA has perfect weather right now.

Attachments

• photo(56).JPG
    photo(56).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64

heli_3d

Chuck (AZCCP) - can you tell me about the fuel bottle holder on the right/rear of your KTM 690? I'm looking for a convenient way to carry a bit of reserve fuel without going to a big after-market tank.

Thanks,
Steve

jaygoss

Here's mine:

P1000977.jpg

I've enjoyed some of the other bikes I've owned (see signature below) but this is my favorite so far.

Last edited:

PTO

PTO
Not mine anymore but a couple of pic's

Clean with smaller day bags.

P3200838.jpg

A little muddy after a short stint in Baja. :sombrero:

P4090864.jpg

FAW3

Adventurer
Less is more? 1974 Honda CT-90

I'll likely limit my travels on this little jewel to the Geo. Washington National Forest...

Another local C-list find...just too clean and fun to pass up!

Neat features:

1: Trans has two ranges. In High...speeds of 45mph. In Low...I can reach maybe 25 in fourth gear...but this thing has real pull in the low range.
2: Four speed with an automatic clutch.
3: "Canteen" looking grey tank on rear is a reserve gas tank...fill it and dump in main tank under seat when needed....and at about 90-100MPG...that will take awhile.
4: "Mars Orange" is the OEM color...gotta love the 70's!
5: Rear cargo rack/seating area.
5: Street legal and tagged!

Attachments

• ct90.jpg
    ct90.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 20
I'll likely limit my travels on this little jewel to the Geo. Washington National Forest...

Another local C-list find...just too clean and fun to pass up!

Neat features:

1: Trans has two ranges. In High...speeds of 45mph. In Low...I can reach maybe 25 in fourth gear...but this thing has real pull in the low range.
2: Four speed with an automatic clutch.
3: "Canteen" looking grey tank on rear is a reserve gas tank...fill it and dump in main tank under seat when needed....and at about 90-100MPG...that will take awhile.
4: "Mars Orange" is the OEM color...gotta love the 70's!
5: Rear cargo rack/seating area.
5: Street legal and tagged!

Those are the ultimate adventure bike I had a couple but greed made me sell them. One of these will be my next bike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1