Post pics of production teardops and small hard sided campers - no home builds.

John E Davies

Adventurer
I have not posted pictures of my trailers, as I do not consider them production, but are not what I would call home built either. So rather than take band width, look at the Kelly Tear Drop build.
I don't see any issues with posting a few pics here. I appreciate how fully you document you builds in other threads. It really helps the potential buyer see what he is investing in......

My original intent by prohibiting home builds was to see what is available to those of us who cannot or do not want to fabricate their own frame and cabin..... but instead write a (large) check for a completed camper.

So please do post some pics that best represent your product, just not twenty pages of them ;) I don't see any reason to prohibit manufacturers from contributing, rather I encourage it.

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Great thread... this should totally be a sticky...

really starting to think about a teardrop for my next trailer... So many great options out there. Will keep following this thread closely.

Honu

lost on the mainland
as my family grows kids get a bit older the idea they could sleep above in a RTT and we could sleep below in a comfy BED would be kinda nice and have a good annex area that combines the two so the dog does not go mental :) hahahaha
have a nice furnace to keep the temp up on cold nights have to say that is a pretty cool setup :)
the Moby seems to have nice room inside

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Here are a few of mine set up. Not too close though. I now have two Fox wings on my trailer, and the OZ tent is enclosed to the Fox wing. I no longer use the ARB tent on the trailers.

With two Fox Wings, you have unlimited shade it seems. We also use a Cabella's shower/potty enclosure off the driver side. Not shown. It connects to the outdoor shower. Mine only has 28 gallons on board, my new one has 42. We will be using the double Fox Wing at the Summit and on the AP expedition after.

Attachments

• 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Here is one, taken last winter, this is on the front side of Mount San Jacinto. the weater got worst and was pulled into a ditch. My lovely co pilot never bothered taking pictues.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 171

ToyCarrier

Observer
Oh, this thread is exactly what I am looking for. Loving the VMI Aspen the most so far, mainly because it's built here in the USA.

orangeTJ

Explorer
I haven't seen the VMI Aspen yet - didn't know it was in the works.

When the Compass in the first post was a "build in progress" I went to Mike's shop and checked it out. It's by far one of the neatest trailers I'd seen up to that point.

There's another trailer I came across a few weeks ago, being built right here in Spokane, WA. The owner is in the process of building his third one.

Last edited:

orangeTJ

Explorer
Whats the setup like OrangeTJ? Similar to the previous designs in this thread?

I didn't get to take a peak inside of it, but it was sort along the same concept as a tear drop trailer, but the box (the body of the trailer) essentially square rather than rounded. The back opened up with barn doors and had cabinets inside. The roof was flat and was strong enough for a dual sport motorcycle on the top.

Once I find my camera I will post a picture

camodog

Adventurer
I know i am bringing up an old thread, however I am in the pre-planning shopping stage. Gathering info etc. i would love to have a teardrop or similar trailer that I could use year round in all sorts of varying weather. The most important needs are:
1. ac for summer (we travel to moab and other desert destinantions) and my dogs will need a cool place to stay while we hike and explore.
2. Must fit in my one car garage opening. I live in an hoa community. And I cant convince the wife on payments plus storage fees
3. And finally, she absolutely refuses to spend $20k unless we "try it out 1st". I realize this is a deal breaker for 99.9% of small companies, but she is the boss and I must do as she says.

I hope we can revive this thread and add more tips specs etc.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
When is your dead line for purchase. I maybe selling my personal trailer this summer. It will fit with in your budget, but maybe not the size limitations. Will be hard to find one with an AC on top to fit is my guess.

camodog

Adventurer
When is your dead line for purchase. I maybe selling my personal trailer this summer. It will fit with in your budget, but maybe not the size limitations. Will be hard to find one with an AC on top to fit is my guess.

We are in the beginning stages so I dont have a deadline, just trying to avoid repeat rental and hotel fees. Must be pullable by a stock lj. Depending on price it could be immeditley. Even if i have to air down the tires to make it fit I will do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1