Post pictures of your Land Rover.

psykokid

Explorer
Looks like you guys had fun this weekend. Colin is a braver man than I taking the RRC out sans windows in the cold. Cant wait for the Shaver Lake trip in Feb. There will be a contingent from SCLR making the trek up again this year.

Kaiser Soze

Hey Kaiser, are you up in Sunnyside by chance? I am in Lohi with a black Disco 2 sporting a Thule box for the winter.

I'm up in Evergreen but am down in the Cherry Creek area pretty frequently. I'll keep an eye out for you. Enjoyed blasting through the snow drifts this morning!

cameron_a

Observer
picked up this ex nz army series one 80"
I just want the engine out of it (was rebuilt no long before parked in 1995). has had the same Holden 186ci engine conversion done as my s2a
she was parked up due to chassis and firewall rot. after cleaning the corrosion off the points, she fired right up, even though it's been parked for 20 years.
gearbox corssmember fell off the chassis with the rocking from then engine. she's right about to break in half!

don't run your landrover up to the top of the wheels in the surf launching boats!

2xjz1j3s.3sl.jpg

adelatoa

Adventurer
I'm liking the gold - looks period-correct even if it was never actually offered on the RRC.

It's funny that you mention that. Soon after your comment I found this picture on Range Rover Classic.com:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450225472.982388.jpg

A company would offer the gold wheels as an option. I like the combo much better on the green body.

Little tease on the actual BBS color:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450225584.219754.jpg

zelatore

Explorer
Looks like you guys had fun this weekend. Colin is a braver man than I taking the RRC out sans windows in the cold. Cant wait for the Shaver Lake trip in Feb. There will be a contingent from SCLR making the trek up again this year.

Looking forward to you guys joining us again - this time we should actually have some snow to work with!

Cobra_R

Adventurer
And no, the computer is not deceiving you. The gold range rover in pic 3 above was rolled a few times this summer, but Colin braved the elements and wheeled it hard.

I need to stop postponing it and join the club. Been meaning too for awhile now

trentor

Nomad
Sorry for not getting back sooner - was out playing in the snow over the weekend.

I don't have a single build thread here, just lots of bits and pieces scattered around.

The rack is from Urban Offroad in SoCal. I believe it's the 'exodus platform full' model. Basically a very low-profile tubular rack. The wind deflector on the front - and trust me, you'll need one if you go with this rack, is a custom. I tried the Urban deflector but it was still loud so I made this one that's basically the same shape but about 4" longer so it actually touches the roof with some foam to keep it from scratching.

The front bumper is an ARB - if I were doing it again I would NOT recommend it. (would probably go with a Tacical) It sticks out far too much, hurting approach angles. The brush bar might help protect the headlights from tree limbs I suppose, but it also means you can't take out the headlight without first removing the bumper. But the real annoyance is that it totally buries the winch such that you can barely reach the clutch to release it and if you want to service it again you have to remove the entire thing. And that's a 2-man with a cherry picker job. Got bit in the ******** this weekend when I pulled cable to drag a buddy's LR3 out off a side-hill only to find my winch was totally in-op. Has to be a simple solenoid or low-power problem but without removing the whole thing there was no way to access for troubleshooting.

The rear bumper is a custom a friend and I built. It's styled after the Tactical Rovers bumper but welded on and incorporates a standard tow receiver instead of the goofy plow Rover used stock.

You can search around the Rover forum here for any of this stuff using my screen name. I've written about most of it at one time or another.
Thanks. That's great feedback for whenever I get to that stage.

Boss Hog

Observer
Kaiser-
I'm jealous. That picture is enough to make me switch from Toyotas. Did we talk about this at the annual Christmas party? If so, I just got new brakes and I'm ready to roll!

cdclpc

66daef58ab860b3b669ac8fda7275ead.jpg

Drove it less than 200 miles and it blew a head gasket. Just been sitting since. Don't have time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1