Rear bed dimensions - sprinter 170 - and interesting designs

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
been a while since I was on here, and am sat offshore on a rig in Baku, so sorry for the odd question as can't just pop down to the local van dealer.

My last posts were probably from Colombia with autopista de fango and an expo down into los llanos de colombia with a group of friends- can't remember the threads and the pics are probably lost with the photo bucket implosion.

Anyway my daughter who was then about 5 is now 12 and our 1 then 2 Weimaraners has become 3----
so our travel arrangements will have to change.

Its been a while since we went camping - got made redundant, had a few decisions to make and ended up moving to live in Spain, we bought a van and did a quick camper build to travel around while we looked at properties and really enjoyed the comfort and usability of a complete home on wheels, but could not import it here.

So we are looking now at a bigger van as we arrived with 1 hound and now have added a couple of Spanish grey ghosts to the collection.

anyway there's the history.......back to the question;

Rear sprinter beds, in my rushed camper build was a Peugeot boxer same as your Promaster and you can just fit a bed crossways at just 6ft it was fine for me.

In the sprinter its a curvier design and slightly narrower, according to the measurements online, but that's from inside the beams rather than from the vehicle skin...

So was wondering if anyone has a sprinter with rear windows- the full glass stick on versions, or even a van without the walls in yet, that could measure the van skin to van skin at the rear section to see if I can fit sleeping across the van. head and toes in the window space...

Anyone have a interesting bed design for the back of the van, they would like to share, been perusing happy jacks and DIY bed raisers too as wife wants a permanent bed, rather than making it up every night.

I'm presently headed towards a perm rear bed, raised for a decent garage and give a section of that to the hounds to sleep under - from inside the van- but still open too change.

Any info or pics would help......thanks Paul

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
A Sprinter build I read today said it was 1700mm at floor level tapering to 1400mm at the ceiling just a bare metal van, no lining or windows?
Some German posh camper builds in Sprinters add pods to the back to give decent acrosswise bed width, if it's any help Bed pods.JPGfirst UK google search gives

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Yep I found them on facebook, cunningly I'm in spain so will be a left hand drive, which is a shame as the US ones shipped would not be worth it. Yet to find the german supplier- as my german is pretty basic and the word probably has 6 syllables

anyway found some autocad and PDF drawings for the whole van..

so have my measurement between van skins plus about 10mm a side for the bead on a bonded window, and I'll probably fit without adding the pods. see the link below for the information

engineering dwgs for sprinter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal