Renegade concept at Detroit Auto Show

AZJim

Observer
Actually the new Cherokee has very good quality, the few with problems have been with the new 9 speed transmission. A platform is a set of dimensions and hard points used in manufacturing, in other words, numbers. The lower architecture is a highly modified 500L, with very little that is shared. Even between the 500X and the Renegade parts shared is app. 40%, with the main items being engines and transmissions, and smaller items like the HVAC systems. Jeep quality has NOT fallen off a cliff.

Jim

The renegade looks ok, its biggest fault is its built on the fiat 500L platform. Jeeps quality and reliability has fallen off a cliff. As seen by the first fiatjeep cherokee. That thing has had issue after issue and failure after failure. I don't expect this to be much different.

AZJim

Observer
Interesting video. Shows the most important item for vehicles in snow are tires. Looked like Blizzaks, at least on the Wrangler. I like the Renegade and may consider one to go along with my WJ.

Jim

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The price tag is fine. YOu get what you pay for in this segment. find something in the same segment that comes close to the gade, You cant because rav's, crv's, and the like would fold like a pretzel doing trails the gade can do. Just like my pat. it was all tucked up underneath, strong built parts etc, you look under a rav and its flimsy a arms, toothpick drive shafts etc are all hanging down ripe to take a rock. No comparison.

moabian

I agree that Jeep quality has not fallen off a cliff. My girlfriend had a Fiat 500 and now has a 500L. Both have been reliable vehicles without a single problem...and she puts a lot of miles on them. We plan to buy her a Renegade no later than June. I sat in one and inspected it pretty closely nearly a year ago at the 2014 Jeep Safari. I was impressed. I have friends with new Cherokees who have not had any issues. There will always be those who think the world has ended because a Jeep is being built outside of the U.S.

Last edited:

K2ZJ

Explorer
Have you seen the new Cherokees? When it comes to front ends, everything's an easier time to get past than that. :D

I am not a huge fan of the new Cherokee either, but I will say it looks better in person than in pictures. I am hoping the same holds true for this as well, but it has ZERO chance of sitting in my driveway.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Having driven the Renegade for a couple days including a few hours off-road at the press launch, I have to say I really like it. Not sure I'd own one, but then again if it fit my needs I would. It did quite well off-road, certainly better than anything else in its class, and by a fair stretch.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Christophe, Did you report the story on the patriot on the portal? if so, how does the size between the two compare?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1