Request: pics/info of your 2009-2014 F150 Supercrew builds

Grassland

Oh c'mon bud, I visited Alberta once... it was... there!

I'm further East, in Manitoba. Imagine the flat prairie part of Alberta, but with a lot less money.

Oh man I got one wasting space in the garage. I’ve never shipped anything to Canada tho. Lol

I don't know if it would even be able to cross the border right now with all that's going on.

*Edited because I don't seem to know where I am

Last edited:

KWJohnston

Knocking the dust of this thread because I have a few questions for you folks. With current events disrupting normal life, I sort of halted my search for a F150. I got back on the ball a few weeks ago looking for a '11-14 Supercrew 5.0. Hope some of you can help with the following:

#1 Have any of you run the Decked system in these trucks ? Opinions?
#2 Has anyone installed/fabricated the hidden winch system for the front bumper ?
#3 Has anyone built or installed a cargo system or drawers for the back seat area ?

Thanks for your input. Hope I find a truck soon and begin a build....FINALLY.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
@KWJohnston

1. I don't have it, but have helped installed it. Its easy, but it takes away from the depth on your bed. Its a neat feature but not for me.
2. Yes, its easy on most non-EB trucks. Right now I have a rough country mount, I'm not a huge fan of their products, but that one is stout.
3. Yes, you can pretty easily mock up a some sort of mounting surface for drawers or a fridge. I had started making one, but scrapped it as most of my camping up to that point was fine with a regular cooler/I was usually taking 2 or 3 passengers so I wanted to conserve space in the back. You can also get a premade cubby for stuff under the seat.

Grassland

1:
I'm on the fence for Decked. I had a system for several years. The durability wasn't there, and depending what you use the bed for they can be both a blessing and a curse.
I think really cold weather was the weak points, I bet somewhere that didn't get colder than a few degrees below freezing they would be much better
2: if the economy tanks and I'm in my truck six more years, I'd consider this. A winch is handy. Though without a winch, you make less poor decisions regarding what you get yourself into
3: I think the floor in the super crews is more flat and is obviously larger than SCAB. I'd only take up the space on the smaller of the fold up seats for a drawer or fridge. Lets you carry an extra passenger or flip up the other seat for more heat storage.

KWJohnston

@badm0t0rfinger & @Grassland , thank you both for answering. You guys have helped me out a lot with the questions I've had in the past. I appreciate it. The reason I asked about the 3 things are as follows:

For #1 the decked system. I habitually browse craigslist and ran across a used decked system for 09-14 f150 5.5' bed for about half price of a new one. If you guys were to say it's worth every penny, and give it a solid endorsement I might consider buying it. I think I'll pass on it for now until I get a better idea what my storage requirements will be.

For #2 the hidden winch. I have never owned a winch, but have wanted one for a while now. There just so darn handy for multiple purposes and added peace of mind off road. I don't care for big aftermarket bumpers on these trucks. The hidden winch has such a clean look to it. Does the weight of the hidden winch and mount cause the front end to sag a bit? Is this something that can be corrected with a spring spacer or will a stiffer shock or spring be needed to compensate ?

Lastly for #3 the back seat drawers/storage. I have seen Tacoma double cabs with the rear seat replaced with a storage system. I will not be removing my seats entirely, because there will occasionally be passengers. For those trips where the back is just used for bags and gear, having a way to manage back seat cargo without it moving around would sure be nice.

I'll save you guys the energy and say it myself. I'm getting ahead of myself trying to figure out my needs before I even own the vehicle. I need to find a truck!!!

Grassland

For #3 see if there is some plastic drawer/tote/organizer thing that fits snugly. Like hit up a store like Canadian Tire, home Depot, etc and see if any half decent off the shelf sort of thing not designed to be that back seat organizer ends up being just the thing.
I've seen it more in commercial vans, and don't have examples in mind, but guys routinely come across something random that just works.
Like I have a Stanley 3 section rolling tool box that fits in the gap between my divider and shelving rack on my T250 for work. I throw my kneeling pad behind it and it is snug and doesn't move and is put of the way.
Cheaper and more handy than building an odd sized shelf, and is mobile.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
@KWJohnston I'll hit on the 2nd point before I go off to bed; THIS is the winch mount that I used, and per the page its 43 pounds, and then I used THIS winch which weighs in 66 pounds so yeah putting ~109 pounds up front will be noticeable but not horrible. I noticed more weight when I went to beadlocks and bigger tires. If you went with a level package or a setup from ICON or whatever down the road you could eliminate the rake completely. I went to midperch setting on the front shocks of my truck but went back to bottom perch for warranty reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1