Show your leveling jacks

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
yikes! hate to roll out of bed. One thing i do not like about the parallel RTTs is one person has to climb over the other to get in/out of bed. My Venturecraft (for sale on this forum) sleeps 90 degrees to tub so either sleeper can get in/pout and not bother the other.

JF81-- got pix of your leveling jack detail?

Post #21 of this thread is the best I have right now (above the post of it set up) My son normally camps below in the annex, but he (14 months old at the time) and my wife and I have been up there without issue. Almost no wobbling, all I have are the 2 rear jacks and the stock landing leg. I plan to put a landing leg with a wheel on the front in the spring.

mmuthart

Observer
I'd have to go dig up my receipt, but I believe I went with the longest available; same ones you are looking at (PN 23231)

BAL Model 23221 - 19" C Series Jacks - 5000 lb Capacity
BAL Model 23222 - 22" C Series Jacks - 4500 lb Capacity
BAL Model 23225 - 25" C Series Jacks - 4000 lb Capacity
BAL Model 23228 - 28" C Series Jacks - 3500 lb Capacity
BAL Model 23231 - 31" C Series Jacks - 3000 lb Capacity

rarecj8

Observer
so i went with the BAL crank down leveling/stabilizing jacks mounted at 45 degrees under rear. They tuck up nicely and at full deployment, will lift the trailer tires (37" MTRs) about 6" off ground. Might add another to the front tongue for more stability and to fight yaw. Also, the manual hand crank is nice, but i use a cordless milwaukee impact and that works fast!

trailerjacks016.jpg

trailerjacks021.jpg

trailerjacks018.jpg

trailerjacks007.jpg

trailerjacks006.jpg

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
so i went with the BAL crank down leveling/stabilizing jacks mounted at 45 degrees under rear. They tuck up nicely and at full deployment, will lift the trailer tires (37" MTRs) about 6" off ground. Might add another to the front tongue for more stability and to fight yaw. Also, the manual hand crank is nice, but i use a cordless milwaukee impact and that works fast!

trailerjacks016.jpg

trailerjacks021.jpg

trailerjacks018.jpg

trailerjacks007.jpg

trailerjacks006.jpg

Where did you order from I like those but had not seen them that long!

rarecj8

Observer
coiuple posts above is info. found them on some inter et RV site-- about $150 for the set. good luck. i'll post up more once its all dialed in.

Arlo

Adventurer
Sankey trailers come along with supporting legs!

13067998ek.jpg
13067999pw.jpg

13068000mq.jpg
13068001ny.jpg

13068002my.jpg

My tent trailer got an additional 4th leg at the front outrigger on the right side.

13068004rm.jpg
13068005wr.jpg
13068006hd.jpg

13068007qn.jpg
13068008sq.jpg

The wide track Sankey has two supporting legs in the rear ...

13068334zh.jpg

13068335lh.jpg

... and a jockey wheel at the draught bar.

13068336if.jpg

13068337op.jpg

13068338cu.jpg

Kurt

rarecj8

Observer
cool, i like that and a lot cheaper than other similar, but i always have reluctance with HF stuff. For the price, why not. Thinking since i roll around plus want a stable leg, especially for trailer tongue, adapt it to accept a flat foot plate, as shown, or slip off and add a wheeled base to maneuver around. hummm....

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
Thats my thought, Like you I'm using it for stability and leveling. Each is still rated more then the trailer will ever be. It would be very easy to get a section of pipe and cut off lengths to make more mounts for where ever you could want.

My current trailer build (modified utility bed) is going to have a 2x3 box bumper that those will be mounted on facing back. For road travel they will lift high enough that I wont need to remove them but I'll put some mounts up high or on the front of the trailer to get them out of the way off road. Its more of a base camp where it will rarely see more then reasonably well graded FS roads.

Spring I'll get back on my offroad mini 4x8 cargo camper (its 4x6 right now so a little short for sleeping in and I need to stretch it). I'll be able to use the same jacks on both saving some expense.

zukrider

Explorer
i like a lot of these ideas, but plan to use the same BAL's as the OP.

@rarecj8, what are your measurements from ground to bottom of trailer frame when regularly sitting there? and you siad full deployment would pick tires up off ground? very impressive. i assume your running the 31"?

rarecj8

Observer
trailer sitting level. yes, the 31" BAL jacks. like them!

EDIT-- this is BEFORE the jack is engaged, just barely touching the ground. When fully engaged, lifts up about 6" more

trailerjacks011.jpg

Last edited:

rarecj8

Observer
note updates to above post/pic w/ more info.

The BAL can be done any way you want. It comes with large self-tapper screws or it can be welded or bolted. Drivers choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1