Sierra Nevada Challenge 2018 *NOW with 20% more pictures!*

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
More from Fullmonty's stash. At our campsite at Rubicon Springs near the waterfalls, the broken Gen 3 CV shaft, Cadillac Hill and Miller Lake camp.

DSCF0957.jpg
DSCF0962.jpgDSCF0974.jpgDSCF0977.jpgDSCF0984.jpgDSCF1007.jpgDSCF1014.jpgDSCF1024.jpgDSCF1025.jpgDSCF1026.jpg

1.9TDIZook

Observer
1.9TDIZook, you should do Fordyce with us in 2020 so Rascott won't be the only Suzuki guy!
Thank you for the invite,I haven't been there in a while also(it is actually more challenging than the Con now).A friend of mine works winch hill #1(wimpiest :))
for the Sierra Trek wounded Vets run.Nice photos by the way.

Toasty

That's ClayTK's ************ flute, he kept vaping off right when i would accelerate making me think i was burning oil. Nicotine has it's hooks deep in the poor guy.

Doing_Dirt

That's ClayTK's ************ flute, he kept vaping off right when i would accelerate making me think i was burning oil. Nicotine has it's hooks deep in the poor guy.
Man I feel his pain. I switched from cigs to dip, then realized my gums were getting jacked so I just quit my Grizzly wintergreen. Must say it was easier to give up the chew than smokes tho.

AZPAJERO

Observer
Toasty I didn't know you ran spacers? Good to hear the Level8's are holding up!

Great pics, great write up......still kicking myself for missing this.

Curious, did the fellow's in the Jeep 'trucks' tell you guys not to take any pics of them, seeing how they're under 'wraps' still ?

Toasty

Yup, spacers at all 4 corners they do their job. 17's that don't look all bro dozery didn't seem to come in the offset i wanted and I already owned spacers from another project. The Jeep staff were friendly but they didn't say to not take pics and or video.

Last edited:

MrGalantguy

Mitsubishi Loyalist
Wow....beautiful scenery but definitely at a price. I am sure the experience was amazing. The monteros took a beating..but looks like they did very well.

Awsome pics Toasty!!!(y)

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
_The Sidekick kicks ass, it does the most with the least. A lot of that is driver skill but it is a very capable machine, if you can be a minimalist as far as what you pack a Suzuki will take you more places than most 4x4's.

_ The only down side to the Suzuki isn't a down side at all but it would force you to be a strategic packer and having a passenger on long trips would be tough.

Any additional trail pictures of or build information on that Sidekick in your group?

Toasty

Wow....beautiful scenery but definitely at a price. I am sure the experience was amazing. The monteros took a beating..but looks like they did very well.

Awsome pics Toasty!!!(y)

It is an incredible experience, reliability is key on these types of trips. If it's ever within your reach to go definitely try to make the trip.

Any additional trail pictures of or build information on that Sidekick in your group?

Maybe Rascott will post up but here's the build thread over on 4x4wire

http://4x4wire.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1104518/1.html

rascott

Observer

top of cadillac hill, and all accounted for.
mostly, i just try and follow that mitsubishi in front of me, and with some help, always make it back to pavement.
the only carnage suffered seems to be to a brace on her front skid- some crappy welder didn't metalglue it right. had to ziptie it together and try to avoid hitting anything.....
love the trip report!
suzi the psychic is always grateful to be included in the sierra nevada challenge!

Toasty

While we wait for my videos to get the "Mellowest" treatment here's a little sneak preview. You can see my shooting is slowly getting better but not much, my editing is getting... I'll probably delete this one after the real video is ready, thanks to PA_JERO for being a cool guy and driving the second half of the trail for me!
*Edit, video fixed on next page.

Last edited:

Doing_Dirt

While we wait for my videos to get the "Mellowest" treatment here's a little sneak preview. You can see my shooting is slowly getting better but not much, my editing is getting... I'll probably delete this one after the real video is ready, thanks to PA_JERO for being a cool guy and driving the second half of the trail for me!

Nice and clear. Good shoot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1