Silverado's Thread

What modification would you like to do next?

• Total voters

brian90744

American Trekker
2003 Chevy 1500 HD Quadrasteer

My toy is 2003 Chevy 1500 HD Quadrasteer ( 4 wheel steering) 6.0 A/T & loaded with all the options. Only 42K miles,

Attachments

• 2003 chevy 6.jpg
    2003 chevy 6.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 2003 chevy 3.jpg
    2003 chevy 3.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

contento

Observer
Saw this thread today and it finally got me to get off my *** and take some pics of the new rig. I've had it for a little over a month, looked for 2 months before I found it. 2009 6.0l extended cab long bed Silverado. It's got 80k miles but you'd never know it!

I could kiss the GSA person that ordered this truck. It's optioned EXACTLY as I would've optioned it myself aside from having regular mirrors instead of towing mirrors. It has power everything, including heated power mirrors, yet it has the vinyl floor and manual transfer case of the W/T. Also came with the XM/OnStar delete, G80 locker, trailering package, etc. It also had a weird plastic console in place of the jumpseat/console that typically comes in these trucks, not sure why the GSA wanted it like that.

So far I've focused on fixing up the interior, once it's the way I want it I'm gonna work on the suspension and buy a pop-up camper(probably a Hallmark Ute).

Mods-

Center console from a 2012 Tahoe
Leather steering wheel w/audio controls(plug-n-play if your truck came with a CD player)
D.I.C.(plug-n-play on all the 2007.5+ silverados, best $80 I've spent on the truck, 5 minute install)
Rigid Dually D2s, so damn bright I'm still amazed every time I turn them on. I will never own another truck without LED foglights
Amsoil air filter
Locking gas door
44lbs of Raamat sound deadening
Pioneer head unit and 4 door speakers(soon)
Llumar 4mil "security" window tint(soon)

Qo8ouVg.jpg

uz6QM8e.jpg

PJoBUSW.jpg

DanR7985

Observer
Does that console bolt right into existing mounting holes?

The 99-06 and the 07+ both have the same bolt pattern no matter if you had a console or a jump seat in originally, and they bolt right up. I put a 3 cup like contento has in my 03.

Last edited:

lqhikers

Adventurer
enjoying the mods being done to the bow ties.
i would like to ask if anyone knows if the early after
market front comb bumper/winch fit on 2012 3500 trucks?
we have a 2012 4x4 tiger reg cab and and while wanting a
bumper do not want to spend for new one as i do see used
one for sale.

love the sliders on the black rig might have to copy!

Les,lqhikers

watrboy

Observer
Saw this thread today and it finally got me to get off my *** and take some pics of the new rig. I've had it for a little over a month, looked for 2 months before I found it. 2009 6.0l extended cab long bed Silverado. It's got 80k miles but you'd never know it!

I could kiss the GSA person that ordered this truck. It's optioned EXACTLY as I would've optioned it myself aside from having regular mirrors instead of towing mirrors. It has power everything, including heated power mirrors, yet it has the vinyl floor and manual transfer case of the W/T. Also came with the XM/OnStar delete, G80 locker, trailering package, etc. It also had a weird plastic console in place of the jumpseat/console that typically comes in these trucks, not sure why the GSA wanted it like that.

So far I've focused on fixing up the interior, once it's the way I want it I'm gonna work on the suspension and buy a pop-up camper(probably a Hallmark Ute).

Mods-

Center console from a 2012 Tahoe
Leather steering wheel w/audio controls(plug-n-play if your truck came with a CD player)
D.I.C.(plug-n-play on all the 2007.5+ silverados, best $80 I've spent on the truck, 5 minute install)
Rigid Dually D2s, so damn bright I'm still amazed every time I turn them on. I will never own another truck without LED foglights
Amsoil air filter
Locking gas door
44lbs of Raamat sound deadening
Pioneer head unit and 4 door speakers(soon)
Llumar 4mil "security" window tint(soon)

****************************************************************************************

I run a fleet of these pickups. They have been great. Of course a lot has to do with the local dealer. We run them up to 185K--200K all the time and get good service.

Where did all the sound deadening get put in at?

Our service schedule is done by the Chevy garage and follows the manual exactly. Oil changes are done when the pickups tell us and we rotate tires at each oil change. All fluids, spark plugs, belts and hoses are changed by the book. This has stopped any surprises and driven our actual cpm to the best it has been. Tires run close to 50K and our mileage is usually 12.8 to 13 with the 6L gas.

I have been very happy with the Silverado line for 20 years.

I have a 2011 1500 LT Crew Cab for my ride. Frontier Extreme Grill Guard, NFab steps, Truxx leveling kit, Timbren rear stops, and Toyo ATII in 285-17 tires. Mileage averages 15.3 and it is quiet and comfortable.

Last edited:

contento

Observer
Sound deadening went everywhere but the roof. Back wall, floor, 4 doors. 2 layers on the tranny tunnel.

Speaking of that, the only problem with the truck thus far was I found some standing water in the driver and passenger side floorpans? Did some research online and checked the window seal(looked good), weatherstripping(looks brand new, no tears), rear vents(fine), A/C drain elbow(fine), and pulled the cowl off to look for a blockage. I looked everywhere AND had a buddy spray the truck with a garden hose while I looked from inside with a flashlight. Nada.

So I figured screw it I put the sound deadening on and the whole interior back in, I'll check for water once a month and won't worry about it unless I find more.

I love how quiet my truck is now, I'd say even if you spent $100 on some dynamat just for your doors it would be totally worth the $100. Especially once you get into bigger/louder tires and exhaust.

Montereyman

My 2011 2500 Duramax was excellent from the start. Drove a 3200 lb. camper home from the mountains with the stock tires and shocks and it handled great. Did upgrade the tires for more load capacity and added Rancho adjustable shocks and a pair of Supersprings.

One upgrade at the top of my list is a fix for the lack of a 4WD engaged light with the knob engaged transfer case. There is a 1/16" white dot on the knob that is visible if my head is lower than the shift lever or otherwise invisible. My '98 Chevy had a light both on the floor shifter and another on the dash. Now with 2011 some idiots in Detroit decide that the drive does not need to know if they have 4WD engaged. If I do a tight turn on a hard surface it is apparent that the 4WD is engaged but not driving straight down the open highway. For now I need to start putting a post-it notes on the dash.

Carlyle

Explorer
Sound deadening went everywhere but the roof. Back wall, floor, 4 doors. 2 layers on the tranny tunnel.

Speaking of that, the only problem with the truck thus far was I found some standing water in the driver and passenger side floorpans? Did some research online and checked the window seal(looked good), weatherstripping(looks brand new, no tears), rear vents(fine), A/C drain elbow(fine), and pulled the cowl off to look for a blockage. I looked everywhere AND had a buddy spray the truck with a garden hose while I looked from inside with a flashlight. Nada.

So I figured screw it I put the sound deadening on and the whole interior back in, I'll check for water once a month and won't worry about it unless I find more.
I love how quiet my truck is now, I'd say even if you spent $100 on some dynamat just for your doors it would be totally worth the $100. Especially once you get into bigger/louder tires and exhaust.

I loved the generic "Fat Mat" i put in my last truck was fantastic, I'll be doing it to this truck before I "upgrade" to a 5" exhaust system. Well worth the money and well worth it if you plan on keeping your truck.

scottshack

How does your truck handle with the camper? I have an 06 Duramax and keep going back and forth between a pop-up and something like you have. The 6 inch lift and the added weight of the camper seems like it would be a bit top heavy?

hasfxstc

1998 SILVERADO STEPSIDE

Just thought I would introduce my truck and myself to the forum. Long time lurker here. This in my 1998, five speed, 5.7 liter stepside that I have put everything i have into. Picked the truck up a year ago from a body mechanic who painted it. All other listed mods were done by me.

Cobra cb radio with blue tooth
Spray in bed liner (Speedliner brand with Kevlar)
Kenwood Excelon Stereo with all Kenwood speakers (just swapped the factory speakers, no amp)
Hayes super clutch
Moog inner tie rods
Mood outer tie rods
Moog idler arm
Moog pitman arm
Zone offroad leveling keys
Goodyear Wrangeler silent armor AT 285/75/16
HID headlights
Replaced the factory tow hook with chrome ones from from LMC....gotta have a little bling :)
GMC Denali wheels (soon to be changed)
Weatherguard tool chest black diamond plate

My next mods....

Heavy duty bumpers
Rock sliders
Wheels
Spare tire mount
2.5" Skyjacker suspension lift

and at some point an adventure trailer to pull behind it

Attachments

• 1998 CHEVY K-1500.jpg
    1998 CHEVY K-1500.jpg