STAY AWAY from ALCAN SPRING!!!!!!!!

I feel the same way expomike, research is always good. Doesn't matter if you have lots of money or a little money, research will save you time and money in the long run. It seems the op made a rushed decision and got burned. Still this is just an assumption since you can never know the whole story on the web. This thread needs to be locked. What needed to be said has been said many times, and thos who read it can make what they want out of it.

Denny T

Custom spring work in some cases is a shot in the dark anyways......at best an educated guess even with all the factory specs laying right in front of you. On the other hand, I too am a victom of a bad set of springs from Alcan. I ordered 3 sets of springs, all the same, all for W250 Club Cabs and all were different. We installed them at the same time and my buddies rides were close to correct although one had too much rake. Mine, on the other hand, looked like we added 4" blocks to the rear and did a spring under in the front. It was a major ****** moment.

I have history with Alcan. I use to be consumed by IH. I drove scouts and had several 1110 and 1210 4x4s. Try to find a lift kit for a 1210....it aint happenin'. So Alcan built every set I ever had (over 6 sets). I called em up and although they didnt send me a refund for the dodge springs he did offer to rework another set at cost and even ship for free. So I also had to buy two sets.....it was a bummer but oh well. The new set came in and worked perfect.

Now with that said, I own a machine shop and theres no way Id ever stick a customer with a bill if the mistake is on my end........no way. I guess thats the way they roll. That business model seems to be working well for them. Call me a slow learner, or a glutten for punishment but Id call em again. One snafu out of 9 otherwise theyve done excellent work.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
We/I/Others are tired.

Here is another example of the same Toyota motorhome model with the load problem solved.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/rvs/3185250624.html

5Ld5F15Md3ne3G93F6c85e7640b12e5141252.jpg

Pardon my return, out again.

wanna 45

alcan spring

I just came back from alcan spring in grand jct. I have to tell you what a bunch of nice people and helpful group they have working there.I needed some fj45 springs fixed up and they jumped right on it while I waited .very well priced and a pleasure to deal with thanks again............Bobby in ridgeway

gun45boat

Adventurer
Plus...... $680 for a custom spring packs MADE TO SPEC is a way short $$$ for a set of custom springs from ALCAN!!!!!!!!! Custom springs from Alcan MADE TO SPEC are over $850 EASILY!!!!!!!

No response from the first post either????

THis **** thread needs to be deleted!!!!!!!! ALCAN is the ****!!!!!!!

GreenTaco4x4

Observer
Plus...... $680 for a custom spring packs MADE TO SPEC is a way short $$$ for a set of custom springs from ALCAN!!!!!!!!! Custom springs from Alcan MADE TO SPEC are over $850 EASILY!!!!!!!

No response from the first post either????

THis **** thread needs to be deleted!!!!!!!! ALCAN is the ****!!!!!!!

Custom springs from them are not that expensive. I have ordered springs from them for 2 different trucks and they were 600ish for a set of leaves.

Alcan is a good company and due to the product being sold, orders should be placed by phone. Hard to make custom or semi custom stuff if you don't give them a chance to get all the info that they need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1