Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

Adventurer
Bergger said:
. . . here in Colorado I can tell you the laws do not favor the owner of rental property. You need to wait 30 days from the time the rental is due back and you need to send a certified letter to the crook prior to having it entered in the system as stolen! Browsing throught the posting above it appears that California has a similar law.
In Oregon and California it is only 10 days. The letter may be sent as soon as the agreement term has been exceeded, and the 10 day countdown begins on the date the letter is sent. Still too long in my opinion, but better than 30.

In addition, if he provided any fraudulent information at the time he rented the trailer, the letter requirement is eliminated; see section (2)(c). It is very likely he provided an invalid address, which would be very easy to confirm through the agency investigating the other crimes. Or if the phone number he gave has been disconnected. There are several possibilities, and a good investigator will find them.

JP

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Curmudgeon said:
In Oregon and California it is only 10 days. The letter may be sent as soon as the agreement term has been exceeded, and the 10 day countdown begins on the date the letter is sent. Still too long in my opinion, but better than 30.

In addition, if he provided any fraudulent information at the time he rented the trailer, the letter requirement is eliminated; see section (2)(c). It is very likely he provided an invalid address, which would be very easy to confirm through the agency investigating the other crimes. Or if the phone number he gave has been disconnected. There are several possibilities, and a good investigator will find them.

JP

Shmeh...who needs a good investigator when the combined efforts of 100s, if not 1000s of folks here, and other sites now have their eyes open for this sucker.

Couple that with the fact the these same folks are avid outdoorsmen, this guy won't have too many comfortable palces to hide.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Martyn,

My father spotted this trailer yesterday, 5/12, on Arizona State Route 191, between Clifton, AZ and and Alpine, AZ, a few miles south of Alpine.

He is sure it was this one, and sure that it was a Black 4 door towing the thing.

I left you a phone message as well, feel free to call if you need to.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Fergie said:
Martyn,

My father spotted this trailer yesterday, 5/12, on Arizona State Route 191, between Clifton, AZ and and Alpine, AZ, a few miles south of Alpine.

He is sure it was this one, and sure that it was a Black 4 door towing the thing.

I left you a phone message as well, feel free to call if you need to.

AWESOME! The web networking is already working! Great news, hopefully this will lead to finding the trailer.

Anyway to notify the AZ highway law enforcement with the description and plate ID?

burl40

Supporting Sponsor
W.T.F. is wrong with people these days...Can someone please tell me because I cant figure it out????????

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Scotty or Martyn, can you give us a plate number? Someone on Yotatech asked, and it's probably a good idea in helping to identify it.

Good to hear we have a lead in AZ - thanks Fergie

Superu

Explorer
W.T.F. is wrong with people these days...Can someone please tell me because I cant figure it out????????

Desperation? Criminal intent? Who knows?

The guy may be at the end of his rope and is planning to have his family live out of the Jeep and trailer until he figures out how to manage.

He could be a scumbag who stole the Jeep as well as the trailer.

No one can know what is in the mind of another.

The one thing we do know is that Martyn is getting shafted here and hopefully the watchful eyes of the ExPo community will be able to locate the trailer and get it returned.

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
This totally sucks, I hope it comes back in one piece soon.

On a positive note, I've now got links to nearly every outdoor/offroad/enthusiast forum west of the Mississippi :sombrero:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1