Suzuki Samurai Custom Camper Build

trackhead

Adventurer
My neighbors hate me. I'm either ripping up and down the street rejetting my motos, or now toying with this contraption. Oh well, the guy across the street has a huge Jeep rock crawler.
IMAG0143.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

Man, I really love it..and the fact that its "home made" just adds 10,000% to the cool factor!!! Anybody can write a check and have something built.. but it takes a lot of heart to build it yourself!.

trackhead

Adventurer
I noticed you have Utah plates, where are you located?

Sandy. Hey, question for you......How do you like your OME springs? I've been debating between those and LowRangeOffroad 3" lifted springs they have.

Getting a bunch of goodies this week (lifted springs, t-case gears, other engine stuff), after all that's installed, I'll finish the camper.

8 day trip in 6 weeks, need to get going on all that stuff.

Last edited:

SRN

Adventurer
Sandy. Hey, question for you......How do you like your OME springs? I've been debating between those and LowRangeOffroad 3" lifted springs they have.

Getting a bunch of goodies this week (lifted springs, t-case gears, other engine stuff), after all that's installed, I'll finish the camper.

8 day trip in 6 weeks, need to get going on all that stuff.

The OME springs are awesome. Night and day. Ive had several setups and ridden many others and I have to say the OME springs are amazing.

Personally, I'd stay as far away from Low Range as possible, but that's just my experience.

I'm up in Sugarhouse. Let me know if you need any insight into Samurais, I've been working with them for 21 years in some capacity or another.

trackhead

Adventurer
The OME springs are awesome. Night and day. Ive had several setups and ridden many others and I have to say the OME springs are amazing.

Personally, I'd stay as far away from Low Range as possible, but that's just my experience.

I'm up in Sugarhouse. Let me know if you need any insight into Samurais, I've been working with them for 21 years in some capacity or another.

Thanks for the insight.

Funny about Lowrange, I've heard the same thing about RR in Heber.

SRN

Adventurer
Thanks for the insight.

Funny about Lowrange, I've heard the same thing about RR in Heber.

Every company has their detractors. I have always had good service from RR, but their products are not the highest quality and their prices are a little high too.
I had one very very bad experience with Low Range that made them ineligible to receive further business from me. But again, I'm one person with one experience. I've heard many people who have had great service, and I say good for them.
The best Suzuki companies in my book are PetroWorks, Hawk Strickly Suzuki and TrailTough.
Non Suzuki specific companies, but amazing customer service and fair prices for any ARB/OME or general rebuild parts is Cruiser Outfitters and they are located in Sandy, so super convenient.

bondvagabond

Observer
I've lurked here for years, and in the last six months there have been so many great samurai related threads I just had to jump on.

I swapped a dirtbike for my samurai and I am thinking of building an aerodynamic fiberglass top, that would extend back a maybe 20 inches or so from the back face of the tailgate. Give a little more room and hopefully improve mpg's even further. My goal is to sleep inside and be able to haul me, the missus, and the two big dogs, plus backpacking gear. Mine got 33mpg on a recent 300mile trip with 4 2000ft mountains to go over. Only mods I've done are k&n intake I literally got out of a dumpster new in box, and 235/75 r15 mud tires.

chet

island Explorer
I have had amazing service from Trailtough in the past. Low range doesn't really make any products just resells others. springs are most likely trailgear. I would go with OME springs. they are worth the price or go with a swap kit ot YJ leafs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1