Timex Expedition WS4 Watch

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Im also interested in it. The Suunto Watches Ive had all failed in less than a year in one way or another.

Timex is usually very good quality..

James, Josh had the same problems with his not long after purchase. He's even set it back to Suunto once and it still doesn't work properly...mostly the compass I believe. He still uses it but for our outdoor adventures I think he is sticking with his Casio Pathfinder...that is a super cool watch!

Very nice and I want one but seems big for my girlie wrist - Dimensions (watch head) = 50mm(W) x 40mm(H)

Yup I started looking at pics last night trying to figure out just how large this thing was....I don't think it will be fitting on my wrist:

timex_wrist.jpg

Superu

Explorer
Yup I started looking at pics last night trying to figure out just how large this thing was....I don't think it will be fitting on my wrist:

timex_wrist.jpg

In the words of Frank Barone, "holy cr@p!"

Might as well just wear my Garmin Foretrex 101 all the time! :Wow1:

garmin_foretrex101.jpg

Now, if it had TV built in... :drool:

******** Tracy, calling ******** Tracy...

Last edited:

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
looks like that thing could be a desktop model..:wings:

in reference to the suunto comments. they sent me a brand new unit in a brand new box, so customer service is good.. i will however list it on ebay before i open it...

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Our Timex rep sent one of those watches to me a few months back. I've had a lot of experience with different watches as the buyer for various backpacking and climbing stores going back to the Avocet altimiter watches of the early 90s.

I would not recommend this particular watch, no offense to Conrad Anker who "helped" develop it. The designer of the watch told me he borrowed the shape of the face from a Discovery II rear window which I thought was cute, but did they have to replicate the SIZE of the rear window?

While it works okay, the altimeter is so-so accurate and navigation through the functions is a little clumbsy.

For those who have used SUUNTO watches and had problems, you probably had one of the Core series watches which did have a bad run. There was also a run of bum Vectors with Suunto, but for the most part, I'd have to tip them off as the better option if what you seek is a more complex watch with altimeter functions.

With regard to High Gear watches - we send back at least one High Gear product every month. The failure rate on those watches is insane and I will no longer stock them in the store.

Currently I use a Suunto Observer and can't complain. Seems really solid and accurate.

This Timex unit won't last long on the market.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
Exasperated with the near constant repair and replacement of bracelets on my Omega Seamasters, I drove toa local emporium and bought this Timex Expedition 'Dive Style". About $75. I could buy FIVE of these for what it cost to replace the bracelet on one my Seamasters.

Timex_Expedition.jpg

Desert Dan

Explorer
I like the Luminox also.
One handed operation day or night.

Attachments

• luminox-night.thumbnail.jpg
    luminox-night.thumbnail.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 559

preacherman

Explorer
I have a casio pathfinder. http://pathfinder.casio.com/

It's on the low end of the multifunction watch but it does have all the basics like, alt, barometer, temp, etc...

The good news is places like campmor and sierra trading post clear them out from time to time at $29.99. I have had mine for 4 years and have no complaints (esp for $29!)

latinoguy

Adventurer
Exasperated with the near constant repair and replacement of bracelets on my Omega Seamasters, I drove toa local emporium and bought this Timex Expedition 'Dive Style". About $75. I could buy FIVE of these for what it cost to replace the bracelet on one my Seamasters.

Timex_Expedition.jpg

I like it, this may be my next everyday sport watch.

My last favorite everyday watch is laying at the bottom of Lake Havazu.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/7d/4/AAAAAsI3t5kAAAAAAH1IgA.jpg?v=1192999717000

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal