Two Latvians overlanding south

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
With a big round of applause, let's meet our second blog entry from the road, this time about Yellowstone. Check it: http://bit.ly/1ywNQAt

NlDzpfj.jpg

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
After spending some quality time in Prescott, AZ and getting some maintenance done on Astrid it was time for a test run. This time popular destination was chosen – Broken Arrow Trail in Sedona, AZ. Yes, we took our house there and it was a fun little trail and devil’s staircase worked as decent teambuilding activity. No damage was done, even bumper didn’t touch the ground once. :) Subsequently to the successful test run, and getting photographed by jeep guys, it was about the time to head back south, hit some dirt roads and explore Prescott National Forest. We spent couple days doing so, and it was truly fantastic experience.

9Lzb84z.jpg

kYthDxw.jpg

ePq2h2h.jpg

cIr2zsT.jpg

Check Facebook page for more pictures.

NoDinero

Adventurer
Peter and Dace; It appears that I just missed you in Loreto, BCS. I pulled into the Rivera Del Mar RV park as you were pulling out. An hour later I passed you on the road and waived, but haven't seen you since. I am driving a gold Ford Ranger pick-up truck with a black topper, and will be around the East Cape for the next two weeks. Would love to talk of your travels if we meet up. Best of luck.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
Peter and Dace; It appears that I just missed you in Loreto, BCS. I pulled into the Rivera Del Mar RV park as you were pulling out. An hour later I passed you on the road and waived, but haven't seen you since. I am driving a gold Ford Ranger pick-up truck with a black topper, and will be around the East Cape for the next two weeks. Would love to talk of your travels if we meet up. Best of luck.

Remember your passing by and waving. We spent couple days in Agua Verde (on the beach near by the place actually) and now are back on the road in Ciudad Constitución, BCS. Heading further south tomorrow.

If I get the right picture where East Cape is from the google... then we might be in that area around 17-18 Dec. I'll send you my e-mail address in PM and we can chat more!

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
The beautiful stuff is not only at places we visit, lots of times it's along the way. Check out latest entry on our blog featuring great views we saw while traveling in Montana: http://bit.ly/1zaqf91

Last edited:

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
On the evening of 28th October, we aired down tires and headed out on first multi-day adventure in desert. We were about to drive famous Mojave road. Spending three nights there and meeting only two cars along the way was fun experience. Witnessing some amazing sunrises, sunsets and stunning night skies made it even better. Variety of fauna and flora in desert surprised us. P.S. As you will see we had our fair share of fun as well :)

Check Facebook page for more pictures.

izaicinajums

izaicinajums.com
You know why I have the best wife in the world? Well because, when I do something stupid and get our van stuck on the beach in Baja, with axles resting on the soft sand. With no apparent easy way out. My wife gets creative and figures that we can use box covers as traction devices… Long story short we got out in no time. Of course it would be nice to have MaxTrax’s, but we didn’t… On a side note: If @maxtraxamerica has a spare pair, we would love to have it and put to some use! ;)

yVJbvsF.jpg

This was initially published on our Instagram account. But I think, it also has a place here. It only helps to understand how important teamwork is while traveling :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1