UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The truck is lifted 4 inches, and has 35x12.5x18 tires on it. The wheels are 18x10. It would be nice to get rid of the unit bearings as well as put some larger brakes on the truck. It does have the Dana 60 front diff instead of the 50.

We'd have to change it to crossover steering so a new trac bar mount would be needed too, the RSC upgrade is about 4k in parts not counting the things will need to be changed in order to make it work.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
UJOR van delivery usually includes some time on the creeper. Underneath is where all the good stuff is anyway!

11140753_961628593856369_2092642702001726721_n.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Having spent most of my time in AMG Mercedes' at "fun" speeds over the last decade...I can tell you the brakes in this kit are amazing. I love the way they stop my beast! It is shocking how good they feel and how they don't seem to fade on long downhill runs. Great addition to any beast and should be on everyone's list. I am impressed on how they stop around town, at freeway speeds and over ruts, rocks, etc, on nice downhills. Brakes were one of the biggest fears I had in moving to a converted/lifted/modified van...I was very worried adding all the weight would severely compromise the already shoddy breaking system a stock e350 has (lets face it, the stockers are not designed for the extra weight or anything other than freeway commutes...so long extended downhills with the brakes constantly applied may cause brake fade (don't know for sure, since I had this upgrade from Chris right away) but know it happens even in my 600hp AMG with a BBK as big as the wheels). Anyway....get this kit and relax as you take your unit down hill with 7 kiddos in the back! I do!

Good testimonial I can relate to(German), thanks.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Having spent most of my time in AMG Mercedes' at "fun" speeds over the last decade...I can tell you the brakes in this kit are amazing. I love the way they stop my beast! It is shocking how good they feel and how they don't seem to fade on long downhill runs. Great addition to any beast and should be on everyone's list. I am impressed on how they stop around town, at freeway speeds and over ruts, rocks, etc, on nice downhills. Brakes were one of the biggest fears I had in moving to a converted/lifted/modified van...I was very worried adding all the weight would severely compromise the already shoddy breaking system a stock e350 has (lets face it, the stockers are not designed for the extra weight or anything other than freeway commutes...so long extended downhills with the brakes constantly applied may cause brake fade (don't know for sure, since I had this upgrade from Chris right away) but know it happens even in my 600hp AMG with a BBK as big as the wheels). Anyway....get this kit and relax as you take your unit down hill with 7 kiddos in the back! I do!

Yes, thanks for posting your real world experience with this upgrade! V5 is super fun to drive and it always sealed the deal with whoever I put in the pass seat!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'll be on the road soon to attend the Overland Expo in AZ, then making my way from Flagstaff to Denver for a little R&R with the wife. Since Denver is a big town for us I was thinking about organizing a meet & greet on 5-24.

We have a few super nice vans in that area already as well as a few guys that are potential customers so I think it would be fun for everyone to get together and talk/see the vans.

Thoughts?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
UJOR van delivery usually includes some time on the creeper. Underneath is where all the good stuff is anyway!

11140753_961628593856369_2092642702001726721_n.jpg

"See that Jimmy? That's what we called a Transfer Case. It's what real men had in their vehicles back when things ran on what was called Gas-o-line, or in the case of the really manly men, Dee-sill, instead of batteries or squirrels."

"Gee Grandpa. It sure musta been fun to be a man back in your day. Golly Gee."

"It sure was Jimmy, it sure was."

frig84

Observer
We'd have to change it to crossover steering so a new trac bar mount would be needed too, the RSC upgrade is about 4k in parts not counting the things will need to be changed in order to make it work.
Thank you for your time and the information.

screwball48

Explorer
^ That guy now knows how the priest felt when they were handed the keys to the Sistine Chapel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bkbroiler00

Observer
I'll be on the road soon to attend the Overland Expo in AZ, then making my way from Flagstaff to Denver for a little R&R with the wife. Since Denver is a big town for us I was thinking about organizing a meet & greet on 5-24.

We have a few super nice vans in that area already as well as a few guys that are potential customers so I think it would be fun for everyone to get together and talk/see the vans.

Thoughts?

this is a good idea, i'd meet up and check out some vans and chat with other van nutz :elkgrin:i'm in the early stages so it'd be sweet to see what others have done and get feedback/input. plus, the girlfriend can get a chance to see what we're getting into. oh yeah!

i'm in fort collins and can meet up anywhere on the front range. somewhere in rocky mountain nat'l park or someplace else awesome like that wood be sweet. waaaay better then in a wal-mart parking lot. it's also memorial day weekend so lots of people will be out. it'd be fun to get some candid shots of people's reactions to randomly coming across a group of ************ vans. anyways, sounds good, will stay tuned for details.

Last edited:

stormlover

Adventurer
Hey Storm, how is the Duratrac wearing? I think I'm heading in the direction of the Duratrac, probably just 'cause it looks sipey and gappy, thus ought to be good on snow and mud, which is what I'm faced with the most, (except for really hot asphalt in the Summer). Snowflake rating sounds good too. I hear they are a little soft though, and these Are heavy trucks. Man I just dread cutting loose of this money and then wishing I'd bought a different tire!

I've got 22k on them with a 5 tire rotation every 3,000 miles. Tread depth is maybe 1/2 or a little less. If I get to 35K I'd be stoked but 30K on a 2 ton 4x4 lifted van is pretty decent. MTs won't last nearly that long. The BFGs wear pretty good too though.

devo 1

Adventurer

Thoughts?
Too cool! I'm in.

350outrage

Adventurer
I've got 22k on them with a 5 tire rotation every 3,000 miles. Tread depth is maybe 1/2 or a little less. If I get to 35K I'd be stoked but 30K on a 2 ton 4x4 lifted van is pretty decent. MTs won't last nearly that long. The BFGs wear pretty good too though.

Thanks! Headed to the tire store this A.M.!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
"See that Jimmy? That's what we called a Transfer Case. It's what real men had in their vehicles back when things ran on what was called Gas-o-line, or in the case of the really manly men, Dee-sill, instead of batteries or squirrels."

"Gee Grandpa. It sure musta been fun to be a man back in your day. Golly Gee."

"It sure was Jimmy, it sure was."

Ha ha ha ha!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp