UJOR Build Thread

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Chris can you help me out a bit here. I'm working on the sway bar up front and I've gotten myself confused. I'm fairly certain 4 of these bolts are for mounting the links to the frame, but I'm not completely sure which 4, which of those spacers get used and where, and the order it all goes. I'm pretty sure the long bolts are what goes through the frame and through the upper link, and I'm fairly certain the matching gold colored short bolts go through the bottom of the link and into the sway bar, but what's really got me is the 4 short black spacers and the 2 long rolled sleeves. How does all that come together?

52BB766D-1ACD-4EB1-9F59-376612948696_zpscqkcquew.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next up is the shifter for the xfer case. I've got it's travel limits marked out underneath so I have pretty good idea how long the slot needs to be, but about how wide do you end up cutting it?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Only those grade 8 bolts should have been in the SB-HDW bag. The other bolts are for the rear upper shock mount, they were packaged with the stem eliminators, right?

The instructions show how the links go thru the frame, once the holes are drilled and you insert the bolt the spacer goes against the frame, then the joint, then the washer and top lock. On the bottom the spacer goes in between the bar and joint.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Only those grade 8 bolts should have been in the SB-HDW bag. The other bolts are for the rear upper shock mount, they were packaged with the stem eliminators, right?

The instructions show how the links go thru the frame, once the holes are drilled and you insert the bolt the spacer goes against the frame, then the joint, then the washer and top lock. On the bottom the spacer goes in between the bar and joint.

Ok, got it. The odd man out bolts were the ones throwing me, and especially the sleeves. I couldnt think what they were for. When I installed the shocks I bought all new bolts all the way around so these were "leftover" and I had forgotten where they came from.

Cutting the slot for the xfer case shifter: About how wide do you usually end up cutting that? I've got the lenght measured out, but a bit unsure on width.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Here's ol V1. This pic was after I ditched the Pathfinder 4x4 swap and made my own hangers. It was running 37" Krawlers here. Thing was so damn rude! Built 460, C6, NP205, 14 Bolt rear with a Detroit and a Kingpin 60 front with a Power Lock.

1918423_1237606138824_5945699_n.jpg

151fab

Observer
That's probably the best pic on this whole thread! Can't beat those old chamfer-nose Fords, probable the best looking vans ever, just awesome!!!

460 + C6 + lunchbox aero = .5 mpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
That's probably the best pic on this whole thread! Can't beat those old chamfer-nose Fords, probable the best looking vans ever, just awesome!!!

460 + C6 + lunchbox aero = .5 mpg

Ha ha, yes! It saw 6-8 most of the time. drove it from NC to CA in the summer too, gas was only $1.30 then but still a lot of $! I tried to sell it for a while and then decided to part it out. Make a few grand more than my best offer.

V1:luxhello::luxhello:
Congrats on the 4wheeler mag mention. Quote from the mag: "one of our favorites by far"

Thanks! I was surprised as I thumbed thru it. "sh@*! there's V4!

They used the UJ compound for the lead photo too!

11209460_10206070178772047_8272145134614662981_n.jpg

11039149_10206070178612043_5861337563233846530_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp