Where did you ride today on your Motorcycle?

Cabrito

I come in Peace
How about a thread of quick day rides or overnighters that might not be worthy of a whole trip report?

Show us your day trips!

:bike_rider:

Last edited:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I'll try to get this started with this ride from today -

Took the Funduro on it's first real ride. I normally just use the BMW for commuting to work. We rode up to our house in Lake County from my house in San Francisco to get something I left there last weekend. (the girlfriends satellite radio)

265 miles of smiles. Lots of goaty twisty's, freeway slab, and a little dirt. It handled all of it quite nicely.

There were a few other bikes along. I was drooling over the big GS all day.

My poor friend Sean biffed at the top of my steep driveway. (he should have ridden up in first gear)

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
This was definitely the year of the moto for me. I spent a lot of time on motorcycles––too much, actually. I did two 2,000+ mile trips and quite a few overnighters locally. I think I spent a total of 17 nights off the bike. The biggest adventure was only 10 hours long with Scott Brady and Brian McVickers near Sedona. My ride out of Boulder the day it got hit with torrential rains and HUGE floods was interesting, especially on a bike which I had just purchased twenty minutes earlier that day. Riding through flooded streets with water up to my shins was high adventure.

I did a couple overnight rides up to the Grand Canyon on my R1100S just for grins, carving twisties on the way back through Sedona and Jerome.
gcyabba_zpsb97f9608.jpg

ripper-1.jpg

tour_zps1b9b08de.jpg

Ray Hyland and Matthew Scott joined me on one overnighter to the Canyon.
raymatt_zps8c01f771.jpg

Our day on the Greasy Spoon was...friggin' epic. The most exhilarating one-day adventure I've had in...a long time. Two new Wasserboxer GS mottos and a Ural. Big fun. I slept well that night.

greasyspoon_zpsa2f61658.jpg

brianspoon_zps3bb100cc.jpg

scottspoon_zps929384ac.jpg

Conditions on the trail were awful. Inches of talc-like dust on slickrock steps. Throw in one huge hill and you have a project. We didn't drop either GS, which still amazes me. Scott Brady demonstrated some impressive big-bike skills considering he was riding stock street tires.

After picking up the ExPo Dakar project bike in September I did a number of fun rides locally. Lots of rides around Jerome, Sedona, Williams, and of course Prescott in general. I'm the king of the 2 hour adventure.
peaks_zps66c3a031.jpg

motoperkinsville_zps57832d2d.jpg

I am so grateful to be on the Overland International team. It affords me the ability to take a 2 hour lunch break to rip around the hills and get inspired.
lunchride_zps2125b3c8.jpg

I had plenty of moto-highlights this year. I rode over 12,000 feet twice. One on dirt over Weston Pass. One on tarmac over Trail Ridge Road outside Estes Park.
12000_zpsb41dff0c.jpg

12500_zps0769ee63.jpg

Now...on to another year of the bicycle. I'm getting lazy just twisting a grip. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1