2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (TJ) 8560 miles

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
A vehicle like this comes up so rarely I wanted to first see if there was an Expo member who has been waiting and looking for this vehicle. This is as about as close to a "New" 2006 TJ available. It has only 8.590 miles with one owner and has been kept garaged in California. I have not had the vehicle detailed, this is what it looks like. It was raining when I took the picture so you can see some drops of water on it. The engine compartment has not been touched, it's really that clean.

The only "modification" has been the front and rear tube bumpers. I have it here at my house in the Los Angeles area. I will wait a few days before I start advertising it in the open market. Let me know any questions or additional pictures you may want.

$23,000.00 I have title in had, there are no encumbrances on the vehicle.

Thanks for your interest,

Fred
Explorer 1

IMG_2668_zpsnij12nxa.jpg

IMG_2671_zpskdsqbezo.jpg

IMG_2669_zps88cztqsm.jpg

IMG_2670_zpsq3sm4x4c.jpg

IMG_2672_zpslqdzbc2n.jpg

IMG_2673_zps9qocuyqa.jpg

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Hood decal delete?
You may want to post pics of the t-case, locker switches, and other rubicon specific goodies.
Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of "fake" rubis being sold out there.
Glws

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Hood decal delete?
You may want to post pics of the t-case, locker switches, and other rubicon specific goodies.
Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of "fake" rubis being sold out there.
Glws

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You're right, the decals were removed.

Good idea, for now here is a picture of the locker switch, I would have added a picture of the T-case tab, but it's raining outside right now.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

IMG_2674_zpst0fedw8y.jpg

mounty71

Observer
Why does it only have 8560 miles on it? Why the street tires if it's a Rubicon, with far fewer miles than it would take to wear out the stock MTRs? Just curious, not necessarily doubting the ad but just doesn't make sense.

Smksignals

Explorer
Why does it only have 8560 miles on it? Why the street tires if it's a Rubicon, with far fewer miles than it would take to wear out the stock MTRs? Just curious, not necessarily doubting the ad but just doesn't make sense.

It looks like a secondary vehicle to tow behind an RV (tow bar set-up in front). Not uncommon for a TOAD to be low mileage.

poriggity

Explorer
It looks like a secondary vehicle to tow behind an RV (tow bar set-up in front). Not uncommon for a TOAD to be low mileage.
Exactly what I was going to say.. If it was towed behind an rv, the miles it was towed do not register on the odometer but it will wear out tires obviously.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Explorer 1

Explorer 1

Your right it was a tow vehicle behind a Diesel Pusher, He put on all terrain tires when the M/T fronts started cupping when towed. He also wanted a quieter ride. The spare is the original. It has the wiring and plug so that if the new owner wants to flat tow it the Jeep light will work in conjunction with the tow vehicles lights. I'm planning on removing the tow bar set up unless someone want's it.

IMG_2678_zpslvjpbyqt.jpg

Here is a picture of the transfer case tag.

IMG_2676_zpszizakzcn.jpg

It has never been taken off road. It comes with all the new purchaser brochures, manuals and VHS driving tips. There is also a Jeep Trail Guide GPS.

IMG_2677_zpsk0icxvjo.jpg

Here are some add'l pics.

IMG_2680_zpsgvqawgt0.jpg

IMG_2681_zps6bpftlhb.jpg

IMG_2679_zps3kgbijcf.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Last edited:

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Other vehicles................

Man that's clean. What's the white beasty in the background? Both yours?

That's "Explorer 3", I have a few other 4wd vehicles. It just returned from 9 days on the remote Arizona Strip. So it's waiting for a thorough going over.

IMG_4307_zpszpqtt7sa.jpg

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
How many towing miles? Those miles do have meaning to the drive train down stream from the engine as well as the suspension and steering. If it was towed with the T-case in neutral, then the transmission could still be considered "low mileage", but the transfer case and axles not so much.

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Your right, mileage on the axles and lower end of the T-case do matter. I'm seeing the owner Wednesday and that is one of the questions I have for him. Knowing him and how infrequently he drove the motorhome I don't think it's much but I will verify and post.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh