Another Tacoma Build (Brian's 2015 DCLB)

skates04

Adventurer
255/85r16

Hah. These minor issues are nothing compared to the JK. I expected both of these things to happen and know the fix for both. One of them costs $60 and is sitting in my garage. ;)
I'm not concerned about rust since we don't salt here, use magnesium chloride minimally and the truck is garaged.

I to went from a lifted Jeep, to a Icon setup Tacoma... Night and day :) The Taco and Icon's is the best lifted setup I've had after numerous Jeeps using, Rubicon Express, Tera Flex, Fox, and OME... None of them ever felt "Right" on the road. It was such a relief when I took the truck down the highway after installing my Icon's and Dakars for the first time and it drove "Normal"

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Ok just a couple more iPhone pictures I snapped before I go back to work. On level ground without the tires in back.

Spare stuffed. I need to trim the front tabs so it ticks up better.

Tucked back into the garage. There is still some organizing to do in the 3rd bay behind the truck, for the camper.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I to went from a lifted Jeep, to a Icon setup Tacoma... Night and day :) The Taco and Icon's is the best lifted setup I've had after numerous Jeeps using, Rubicon Express, Tera Flex, Fox, and OME... None of them ever felt "Right" on the road. It was such a relief when I took the truck down the highway after installing my Icon's and Dakars for the first time and it drove "Normal"

I agree! Mine actually drove a lot better before I installed the icon upper control arms, believe it or not. Maybe it is just the uniballs being a little tight, or maybe too much caster I'm not sure. Still very good overall.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Good build buddy! Ready for more updates :)

Thanks. Headed home Wednesday, have a couple parts at home that I've been waiting on but nothing major for a while.

Seems that everyone in the family is a may birthday, then there is Mother's Day and who knows what else. I was planning to order electrical stuff now but Im holding off since the camper is so far behind schedule anyway. Maybe some day I'll actually have free time to use the truck!

Watt maker

I feel your pain. 1st daughter's b-day is late april then wife's birthday is may 11th. Toss in Mother's Day too. 2nd daughter's birthday is june 10th and our anniversary is june 12th. My mom's birthday is june 23 as well. Then there's always somebody's kid graduating from high school or college.

Yulli

Yulli the Yeti
You're not far from WA. Are you going to try to come out to the Northwest Overland Rally this year?

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I usually have to work every date that I want to do something, so I'm assuming I won't be available! I'll have to look it up and see.

Long day. Just got home and been up for over 24 hours. If I find some energy I'll install these.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online