AT wins contract with Italian Expedition Company

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Expedition Abandoned:

I'm sorry to say that the Oltre Expedition has had to abandon their attempt at driving the North East Passage. They encountered high snowfalls in the Ural Mountains and unusually high temperatures in the Arctic Circle.

Latest Update: 3/2/09

Expedition Abandoned:

The Oltre Expedition has had to abandon their attempt of traveling from the North Cape Norway, to the Bearing Sea in Far Eastern Russia.

Crossing the Ural Mountains to reach Salekhard, the Gateway to the Far East has proven to be insurmountable. Contributing factors have been an unusually high snowfall, followed by high temperatures. The typical temperatures in the Arctic Circle should be -30° C (-22°F) but have been hovering around -4° C (+ 25°F).

These higher temperatures have made travel North of the Urals impossible because of the thin ice pack.

The Expedition should be back in Milan, Italy within 30 days.

Powdaze

Observer
Many congrats. I'll probably be contacting you in the near future for a Chaser. And it looks like I'll be supporting a fellow Taffy from your avatar! :)

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Many congrats. I'll probably be contacting you in the near future for a Chaser. And it looks like I'll be supporting a fellow Taffy from your avatar! :)

I'd love to sell a Chaser to a fellow Welshman.

Cymru Am Byth

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Don't forget the optional welsh equipment racks

welly_racks_sml.jpg

Powdaze

Observer
I think Martyn should have an honorary Celtic price list:

Welsh = MSRP - 30% (Welsh unity of course)
Irish = MSRP + 10% (that's around $1K less you can piss up on Guinness and Jameson, so in essence he's doing both your liver and brain a favor)
Scottish = MSRP + 20% (because you are tight bastards and need to spend some money on something useful to jump start the global economy. Haggis sales just aren't cutting it)

and lets not forget...

English = MSRP + 60% (enough said)

:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1