Craig's 1989 RRC

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I'm a little behind. I've been back on the road for a couple of weeks now. Busy w/ final preparations so I can get it out camping / offroading.

200TDI w/ LT77. It needs a re-gear to handle the 235/85-R16 tires around town, but offroad the LT77/LT230 combo is fantastic.

craig

As it sits right now...
rrc.jpg

TODO:
- Change oil
- Replace left swivel ball seal
- Grease front propshaft
- Wire up fridge
- Wire up HAM radio
- Get it on the trail

Longer term:
- All sorts of crazy stuff ;-)
- Completely redo the interior: Upholstery, tie downs, carpet, etc
- Re-gear: 4.10s

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
That Classic is beautiful, Craig. Loving it.

Makes me want to get one. :) But it'll have to wait it's turn. Have to finish the DII first :D

craig

Still plugging along on this project. Tons of maintenance as I continue to do a rolling restoration.

- Upgraded wiper motor to something powerful enough to push snow
- Timing belt, hoses, belts
- Rebuilt front axle/diff
- Installed a true track in the rear
- New fuel pump
- Head Gaskets
- All leaks are fixed!
- Snorkel

snorkel.jpg

tt.jpg

craig

Took several trips last sumer/fall too:

- Ocean Shores w/ the NW Overland Society
- Overland Rally in Plain
- Naches Wagon Trail w/ the NW Overland Society
- Gallagher Head Lake w/ friends

hm001.jpg

Next photo is my friend's LWB
hm02.jpg

Last edited:

chadwicksavage

Adventurer
This post cures my disco fever. I'm looking at getting a trail rig sometime later this year and this has me typing new searches into google.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
This post cures my disco fever. I'm looking at getting a trail rig sometime later this year and this has me typing new searches into google.

To throw gas on that fire, they make a great offroader. As a bonus, every body panel (including the rear 1/4's) unbolts and is easily replaceable to erases evidence of any mishaps.

-Jeff

aek50

Adventurer
Still impressed every time I read about what you have been doing and feel a bit guilty about the state of my 91 Hunter. She is in pretty good condition but compared to where your's is at, well...

craig

Still impressed every time I read about what you have been doing and feel a bit guilty about the state of my 91 Hunter. She is in pretty good condition but compared to where your's is at, well...

Thanks!

Don't believe your eyes though. :) It's taking me years. Still needs an r380 to be mechanically sound. The interior is really beat up including a completely collapsed drivers seat and I have a super long list of items that still need to be done. The r380 and new drivers seat will have me sleeping better though. The rest is cosmetic or trail/camping convenience.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1