Craig's 1989 RRC

rover4x4

Adventurer
The 229 gets high marks on the RRC page at the Discoweb. I might try that one next, I actually have a NIB Crower 230 and lifter set Id sell

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I'll talk to Scott, who's doing the engine rebuild, and decide what to do. The target is to get a reliable engine back into my truck cheaply.

craig

I'm sticking with my original plan; low cost, simple, and reliable.

benlittle

Adventurer
Craig, the rangie is looking sweet. Love the NATO's and the front bumper couldn't be more perfect. :)

Photo with the NATOs and new ARB Aluminum Alloy roofrack. Fog lights and steering guard are removed since we're in the middle of putting the winch in. Decided to pull off the side trim for a simpler look, but haven't had a chance to finish removing the sticky gunk.

The engine just started running really poorly, so the lockers & regear are going to have to wait until I get that sorted out.

attachment.php

craig

Thanks Ben. I appreciate that. It's a fun truck to dink around with. Much better than the D2!

It was a lot of fun stuffing that Ramsey RE12000 into it along with the Dixon Bate recovery point. I couldn't be happier with the result.

craig

My first car was a 1967 VW Bus. I'm good. :)

Last edited:

craig

TDI.
nice

Yep. Good call. :) Soon to be full of Dr. Dan's B99 bio-diesel. Good even in winter (down to the mid-20s) w/o adding any traditional diesel to the tank. Great fuel economy, very low emissions, small carbon footprint, supports the local economy, reliable motor, if sealed can be driven underwater with a snorkel, lot's of low end torque for driving offroad, ... Except hills, it'll do 70mph on the freeway with no problem.

IMO - it's an *excellent* engine for an overland vehicle that's driven by someone who cares about the environment he's exploring. Very very psyched!

Should get it back this week.

Craig

jeff_wright

Adventurer
I knew something was up... Wish I could say I was happy for you Craig, but my feelings include jealousy and discontent. Looking forward to it being back on the road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1