Expeditions West Old Taco For Sale

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey James,
I will be in Fresno tomorrow and Friday....I can go give everyone a big handshake from you and tell them to build it with pride...but then again when I was there before it seems they build them all with pride.

It will be great to motor down the trail with you as a fellow SMB owner, can't wait to hear what you got.

To anyone thinking about buying this Taco..do it now...I have spent time around this rig and both it's owners, top notch people who know how to care for their gear. It is a killer deal.

jdholder

Explorer
I'm interested, but unfortunately, my credit union won't finance it for more than KBB Excellent - which is $18k.

Awesome truck - wish I could make it happen. Need a new truck. :(

OVRLND

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0017
To anyone thinking about buying this Taco..do it now...I have spent time around this rig and both it's owners, top notch people who know how to care for their gear. It is a killer deal.

++1
Back to the top!
Great truck. Great Owners.

dzzz

I can't believe no one has bought this truck. It may go for more $ on ebay.

I get first dibs on Trail Monkey's Sportsmobile when he trades up to a earthroamer in six months.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
What's the holdup here, people? Yeah, I know it's fun to build up your own truck, but at this price, the truck's free and better than half the build is free. Seems to me that anyone who isn't already commited with an existing overlanding vehicle needs to be giving this full consideration. I'd be all over it if I wasn't already full-up.

Besides, buy the truck and you're instantly famous (if you aren't already). :sombrero:

Don't let it go to eBay to be grabbed by some stranger. This is an ExPo truck and, at the price, sure seems like it ought to stay that way.

spencyg

This Space For Rent
What's the holdup here, people?

I think a significant holdup for anybody who doesn't just have $30k cash lying around is financing. No bank is going to give you that kind of money for a used Tacoma...regardless of how loaded to the hilt it is. The only people who could possibly buy this truck are those with money in hand, and these days, those people are few and far between. Don't get me wrong...I know this truck is worth probably double the asking price, but given how people buy rigs these days (financing), I see this as being a significant holdup.

Spence

Rozzi

Adventurer
I think a significant holdup for anybody who doesn't just have $30k cash lying around is financing. No bank is going to give you that kind of money for a used Tacoma...regardless of how loaded to the hilt it is. The only people who could possibly buy this truck are those with money in hand, and these days, those people are few and far between. Don't get me wrong...I know this truck is worth probably double the asking price, but given how people buy rigs these days (financing), I see this as being a significant holdup.

Spence

Exactly. I wanted a vehicle much like this, but I am in a situation where I have to finance the vehicle (at least a portion of it). Great truck and well priced. Just hard finding people with that kind of cash. You figure a bank would finance 2/3 of the asking price, but that still leaves 10k out of pocket.

Honestly, if I could sell my truck for $20,000-$23,000 I would most certainly grab this truck up. That said I have already tried to sell my truck too, no luck either.

offroadsubie

Observer

Spence

well said! plus in my case it would cost extra to cross the border. i'm looking for a new rig, this one is so cool but wrong timing $$$

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

Spence

yup, there it is.

My dad was going to buy this rig. Very seriously considered it, but its simply not a good investment for 98% of people.

He decided having his 5 series, his restored VW westfalia and an OME'd FJ80 was simply more fun than having so much money tied up in a rig that'll never be worth what he paid for it.

Still an awesome rig for someone looking for a fully expo-ready DC, though. It simply has no equal.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader

Spence
Yeah, OK, that's a really good point. I'm usually not quite so clueless.

Still, something good ought to happen to this truck. They have timeshare condominiums; any precedent for a timeshare Tacomas? :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1