FS - Citizen ECO Drive Skyhawk Atomic Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGNellett

Adventurer
I check the "For Sale" section every day, because I love finding great gear, at fair prices. I hope the curious will read this and not respond, so it will work it's way to the bottom of the list, just as it has dropped to the bottom of my personal concern.

Finito', (I hope)

Hey, what else do you guys have for sale.... :victory:

I've got a great looking bridge I need to get rid of, as I no longer live in Brooklyn..interested? :jump:

XJINTX

Explorer
So he did return your money as he said he would? I hope with a little stipend for your frustrations.

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Hey, what else do you guys have for sale.... :victory:

David, other than the Seiko that I already have listed (Tag is sold), I have a Suunto Vector Xblack that I would let go for $110 shipped. I also have a couple of bug out type bags (Blackhawk 3 day and Camelbak Motherload), a North Face Terra 60 backpack, and maybe some more camping/hiking gear.Pm me if you're interested.

Last edited:

Bains98

Observer
I have a Rolex that will control the weather and it flips out into a tent.. I payed $1,000,000 for it and only used it once and never slept in the tent...I'll take $200 obo:Wow1:

I lost it but you can pay me and ill go look for it..:)

voyageur

Adventurer
Bains98... You Crack Me Up!

Dirty South, interested in the Sunnto. Any photos of your specific watch? There 5 or 6 models. Some with dig. compass, altimeter, etc... Maybe a little more info. Age of watch, condition, will it fold into an expedition trailer or one-man helicopter?

I just got home from Bass Pro and I still have a little money left...

SoCal_80

Explorer
I have a Rolex that will control the weather and it flips out into a tent.. I payed $1,000,000 for it and only used it once and never slept in the tent...I'll take $200 obo:Wow1:

I lost it but you can pay me and ill go look for it..:)

PM SENT!

:shakin:

kerry

Expedition Leader
I would love it if he found the watch and sent me a PM that said, "Good news. I found the missing watch. send me back the money and it's yours."

He said he gave it to his brother and he said he didn't want to fight with his brother. I figure beyond that, even though I am curious, the rest is none of my business...

When's the last time you sold something, gave it to your brother to mail, and he stole it?

ExpoMike

Personally it sucks that David did not get his watch but honestly, stuff happens and Tim was stand up enough to (or is) send the money back. Outside of some time and frustration, David is not out anything. Tim is out a watch without knowing what happened to it.

Personally I have been lucky with all of my online dealings and everyone has been stand up (here and other boards) on their deals. I try to do the exact thing too.

What does upset me is when you post up in an ad, are given a place in line (as you might not been the first person but asked to be put in line if the original buyer backs out) and when the buyer before you backs out, you're like "Great, I should be next in line" as the seller had said earlier. Then when that time comes, you get a message that "someone" else had sent a PM earlier then mine but the seller hadn't read it before mine.

Personally, there should be no back door PM deals, unless that person posted in the ad BEFORE sending a PM. This makes it fair to everyone. One board I am on does require this and I think it's a good practice. Okay, my venting is done (having lost an item I wanted due to this... not on ExPo BTW).

Hopefully David gets his money back (if he hasn't already).

dirtysouth

Adventurer
Personally it sucks that David did not get his watch but honestly, stuff happens and Tim was stand up enough to (or is) send the money back.

Only after being called out on it publicly has Tim decided to come clean, and after what, 2,3-4 weeks? There isn't anything about what Tim has done or says he will do that is "stand up". I don't know what kind of "problems" he has had or is going through but his problems should have never become Davids problems. As we all know, sometimes stuff happens but I would think that most of us would be pretty understanding as long as there is some communication. I for one won't let the actions of one individual dictate my dealings with people on this board, but I won't forget as easily as others may choose.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
I'm not defending or impuning anyone here, but sometimes this instant gratification society we have created demands instant results. When that doesn't happen we get pissed.
There was a time when communication was much slower. Can you imagine if their correspondence had to be made by the Pony Express? I'll bet there were really some hard feelings when the sundial did not arrive six months after the gold had been sent :)

It may be hard to believe , but I have found there are people who don't read their email more than weekly. They must have lives outside the internet? Rumor has it they go outside and travel to far away places just for fun. ;)

Bains98

Observer
But as for me..If I sell someone something I make sure they know when its shipped and give them a tracking number. And since we are way passed the Pony Express era, I'd make sure to make time in the day to make contact with the buyer if something happened to the item i was selling. A 30 second call or email could have saved 4 weeks of frustration and false hope..The buyer shouldnt have to hunt down the seller and call him out to get a reaction from him.. But again..thats just me.. and im glad he did refund him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online