Monsoon Season in Arizona

timh

Explorer
I knew you would have some good ones from last night Brad!:victory:

I got a few also but not as good as yours.

IMG_5038.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I am envious our lightning is nowhere near that neat and a heck of a lot harder to capture. very well done guys

Overdrive

Adventurer
Very nice shots, Brad... I figured you would be busy.

I especially like #7--what a huge bolt.

Are you using a lightning trigger?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Very nice shots, Brad... I figured you would be busy.

I especially like #7--what a huge bolt.

Are you using a lightning trigger?

Thanks Scott.

No lightning trigger. I just wait for a storm front with a lot of activity in the same area and focus my camera on that. Then start shooting 15 second exposures at F8 and ISO100. I use a wireless remote trigger so I can just sit back and relax and keep shooting till I get something. Last night was so active I very seldom didn't get something in almost every shot.

Sexy6Chick

Adventurer
Brad,

1st thing..fantastic pictures!

2nd thing..I hate you lol..we've seen nothing of that sort up here so far and even if we did my pictures would not even be able to compare.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Brad,

1st thing..fantastic pictures!

2nd thing..I hate you lol..we've seen nothing of that sort up here so far and even if we did my pictures would not even be able to compare.

Thanks Natalie. But I bet the only advantage I have is living in Tucson and having a great view. With the same view you would absolutely get the same captures. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
That would be a cool shot without the power lines. Sadly sometimes you just can't avoid them. Maybe 4 hours of pixel poking to photoshop them out. :sombrero:

fangars

Adventurer
Actually thats a picture of the power lines, unfortunately all that gobblety gook in the background is cluttering things up. :elkgrin:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Actually thats a picture of the power lines, unfortunately all that gobblety gook in the background is cluttering things up. :elkgrin:

See, you never know what the photographer sees through their eyes. On that note, that is an outstanding power line capture! :wings:

Maybe you can photoshop out all that back ground clutter so we can appreciate the intricate details and craftsmanship of each line. :elkgrin:

Last edited:

Overdrive

Adventurer
I like the way you captured those powerlines. The eye is drawn to the bright spot in the upper right, and then forced to follow the lines down and out the other side...then the eye goes back to the upper right. Also, nice use of the "thirds" principal. You really nailed this one. :elkgrin:

On edit: Don't worry about the "gobblety gook" in the backround. Sometimes the subject matter is so powerful that it will stand on it's own no matter what is in the backround.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1