OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

LaBlaze

Has anyone experienced bending and cracking of the latch plate for the pop out bed platform? Specifically, the thin metal plate that holds the rear bed platform up when stowed? Yesterday I reinforced both sides with powder coated steel L brackets and 1/4" bolts from HD. Took some cutting and drilling.
1000006010.jpg
Do you mean there? where the side pieces hold up the top piece? The L part of the side pieces for us have bent after only 2 months. Do you have pictures of what you did?

LaBlaze

Anyone experience their water (inlet maybe?) hose constantly popping off? This is located on the 13 under the smaller cabinet over the wheel base.

Attachments

• 20240201_154011.jpg
    20240201_154011.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 28

AMMO461

Yep, happened to us. They used a section of tubing JUST a tad too short and with the smallest amount of water pressure filling it, it let loose. We just upgraded the clamp to a better one and jammed it back together and tightened it up REALLY tight. Hasn't come off since.

And while you're in there make sure those city water plastic connections are good and tight also. Ask me how I know this.

TexAg

Hello All,

Been lurking a bit & im really interested in the dweller 15

Only problem is I'm going to need to keep it in the garage & my garage is only 19'-8" deep

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on modify the tongue to either hinge or be removeable in order to clear?

I'm already planning to completely demo the spare tire jig & rear bumper, but I think I need to clear around 18" more up front to make it

Many tia

Sethsquatch

Hey there!
New Dweller 15 owner here (almost).
Should be getting my trailer over the weekend. It is one of the ones that had the plastic left on the windows so they're totally caked with the residue from that. Does anyone have any suggestions on removing it, other than just fingernails and elbow grease? 😂
Thanks in advance!

Sethsquatch

Hello All,

Only problem is I'm going to need to keep it in the garage & my garage is only 19'-8" deep

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on modify the tongue to either hinge or be removeable in order to clear?

I'm already planning to completely demo the spare tire jig & rear bumper, but I think I need to clear around 18" more up front to make it

Many tia
This is an interesting question. I'd imagine you could cut the tongue off on either side, weld some steel that slid inside the frame, and then cross drill holes and use hitch pins to secure the tongue when towing.
I wish my garage door was taller, I'm long enough to fit but the height is the problem. Weighing out getting smaller wheels that I could swap in the driveway to get it into my garage, or if $30 to park it down the street is worth it.

LaBlaze

Yep, happened to us. They used a section of tubing JUST a tad too short and with the smallest amount of water pressure filling it, it let loose. We just upgraded the clamp to a better one and jammed it back together and tightened it up REALLY tight. Hasn't come off since.

And while you're in there make sure those city water plastic connections are good and tight also. Ask me how I know this.
Which ones are the city water connections?
I'm assuming you had a flood in your camper? Don't worry, you're not alone!

CowboyKyle

Hello All,

Many tia
This would require significant welding, fabrication and modification. Where are you located?

AMMO461

Which ones are the city water connections?
I'm assuming you had a flood in your camper? Don't worry, you're not alone!
The city water internal lines are in the left of your picture. They have the grey plastic Hex connections you can put a wrench on.

No flood, I saw water dripping out of the front left of the camper on a dry day immediately after hooking up the hose to the city water connection. No damage.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

This is an interesting question. I'd imagine you could cut the tongue off on either side, weld some steel that slid inside the frame, and then cross drill holes and use hitch pins to secure the tongue when towing.
I wish my garage door was taller, I'm long enough to fit but the height is the problem. Weighing out getting smaller wheels that I could swap in the driveway to get it into my garage, or if $30 to park it down the street is worth it.

Removable might be doable but please don't try and hinge that coupler on an off road trailer.

TexAg

This would require significant welding, fabrication and modification. Where are you located?
I'm in Houston, we've got plenty of rig welders...

I think I like the removable tongue concept.

If I splice through each 6x2, I can fashion a larger tube as a socket, and then just stick a hitch pin through either end of each splice on each leg.

Will the rear bumper need to be torched off, or can this simply be unbolted?

Thanks for all the insight y'all

CowboyKyle

I'm in Houston, we've got plenty of rig welders...

I think I like the removable tongue concept.

If I splice through each 6x2, I can fashion a larger tube as a socket, and then just stick a hitch pin through either end of each splice on each leg.

Will the rear bumper need to be torched off, or can this simply be unbolted?

Thanks for all the insight y'all
On the D13, it can unbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77