OBI Dweller Review and Discussion

marmotguy

I was wondering what people typically use to empty their grey tanks on the Dweller. There are two valves, one of which fits a generic garden hose, but I'm unsure of what fits the larger valve.

CowboyKyle

I was wondering what people typically use to empty their grey tanks on the Dweller. There are two valves, one of which fits a generic garden hose, but I'm unsure of what fits the larger valve.

If you have the grey colored pipe running along the driver side, use this to adapt to standard RV sewer hose. Or water hose. Which ever you desire. It'll do both. You can also add an elbow for easier access, but I preferred the ground clearance.

A- Original grey colored metric pipe
B - 1.25 x 1.5" flexible coupling
C - 1.5" PVC pipe
D - 1.5" PVC valve
E - 1.5" x 3" flexible coupling
F - Pipe to Bayonet adapter
G - Gray water drain cap

You can probably find most of this stuff at Home Depot, if you so desire. I think I put it all together in about 15 minutes. You can use a regular RV sewer hose, or a standard garden hose. Let me know if ya'll have any questions or want the links to any of this stuff.

Attachments

• drain_parts.jpg
    drain_parts.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 15
  • grey_drain.jpg
    grey_drain.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
with the heat pump the sensor is in the thermostat. with the truma it is not. my sensor is located just above the mattress on the passenger side of trailer.

So, we’ve got sensors mounted by the door, TV and passenger side of the bed. 🙈
Have you had any issues running the furnace ? Does it turn off and on when it should ?

kevin8119

I had some ceiling light pulsing after I switched to Lithium as well, I don't think that I ever looked at the Renogy Inverter while this was going on, but I did throw a multimeter on the positive and negative 12V distribution blocks and the voltage was moving up and down in a similar fashion to what your video shows.
What I ended up doing was lowering the Renogy PWM charge controller's output from the boost of 14.6V to 12V. The pulsing stopped. I then slowly increased the boost voltage and I hit a point where it started pulsing started again, around 13.5 if I recall correctly. I lowered the boost voltage down a few tenths and the lights seemed to stay steady. This was all during the day, without a cloud in the sky. My batteries have stay well charged so far and I've not had any more pulsing. I'm attributing it to the PWM charge controller, whether it's going bad or just something the PWM does with these particular lithium's, I don't know. I have a Victron MPPT waiting to be installed, so I'll see what happens with that when I set a higher boost voltage.
I dropped boost voltage to 14 and it’s been fine so far.

I have never seen more than 85 watts from my solar panels, I need to test all 3 independently.

Xid_az

I dropped boost voltage to 14 and it’s been fine so far.

I have never seen more than 85 watts from my solar panels, I need to test all 3 independently.
I think the highest output i've seen after having drained the AGM's and having the panel receiving mid-day Autumn sun was about 150 watts.

gendlert

I think the highest output i've seen after having drained the AGM's and having the panel receiving mid-day Autumn sun was about 150 watts.
I've seen 165W in full sun at noon. Tested all 3 panels by covering each with a towel. I get even power out of each one.

CowboyKyle

I've seen 165W in full sun at noon. Tested all 3 panels by covering each with a towel. I get even power out of each one.

@Xid_az just so you know, @gendlert's observed 165w is roughly 70% efficiency. Not amazing, but also not awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp