Show your leveling jacks

zukrider

Explorer
Thank you for the measurement. I'm assuming its on a 4x4?

Stomper, your thread is the reason I plan to use them!

brentbba

Explorer
How far will these BAL's extend. With a spring over on my M101, I've got 28" from the bottom of the frame to the ground.

rarecj8

Observer
in an above post, my trailer at rest is 30" and the jacks are just barely touching the ground. crank it down and it rises about 6", taking the SOA 37" tires off the ground.

DiscoCO

Observer
Does anyone using the BAL C Jacks know the measurement between mounting holes? I'm trying to determine the distance from the back corners of the frame to a cross member. I realize these will vary depending on the model, but it looks like those using them here are using the 31".

I can't seem to find these measurements anywhere.

Thanks!

rarecj8

Observer
mine is under the knife in a different location right now, but to add my bal jacks i made up a flat plate to which the jack mounts then mounted the plate under trailer frame, since t he mounting holes were no where near my application.

Aspen Trails Trailers

Supporting Sponsor
On my latest trailer I made two attachment points on the back of the spare tire carrier. I have two attachment points on the rear bumper, that can be used for leveling or changing a tire. You have to carry three jacks to do it, but all are out of the way. If you look at the Kelly thread you will see them in the pictures.

Bob

www.aspenXtrails.com
951 692 0958

Cowboy59

Observer
So if I put a bal jack at each corner of my m101 trailer are they stong enough to lift it off the ground with a rtt and 4 people?

Cowboy59

Observer
I'm wondering the same thing? Did you find an answer?

Nope. Sure didn't. I had these on an Offroad toyhauler and was not impressed with the stability, granted the toyhauler weighed in at 5000 pounds. I am going to weld up some posts on the rear of the trailed that slide down out of the down tube on the rack. I will nose down the trailer a bit with the tongue jack then drop the rear legs and pin them. I will then raise the front of the trailer with the tongue jack and drop the front legs from the front downtubes. Then lower the tongue jack. Four sturdy legs holding trailer level and i wont have four big bulky jacks mounted to the outside edge of the trailer. That's my best idea, anybody got anything else?

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
I had bought the Atwood ones and had planed to modify them (since I needed 31"+ inches), but that didn't really work out. I then bought the BAL C in their 31" model, but they're just really wide and really long that installing them in a manner that's tucked away wasn't possible. With that I decided to sit on it for a bit, and run through a few ideas I've had in my head on how and what I wanted and needed. The simplest seemed to be a design base it on the Valterra style that uses a strap.

http://www.trailerlife.com/camper-trailer-news/trailer-gear/valterra-universal-rv-stabilizer/

However I went to make some with an adjustable length to get them more compact to fit where I needed them too. I started with the front for the moment, since I knew the space I had to work with, and help out the tongue jack since it doesn't like the weight that's been added since it was built. I'm undecided if the rears will be longer or not. There will be a strap that will go between them, but the other leg needs a small adjustment before I can use/test it, and I still need to figure out and make a base for them, especially for soft surfaces.

oHFlCKu.jpg

q5wb938.jpg

uMPbDV6.jpg

J8fh18B.jpg

Last edited:

97kurt

Adventurer
Not the best pic for this, but I have 2x BAL 25" up front and 2x in the back. The front ones are going to get removed and mounted in the opposite direction.

EMyOgDs.jpg

Martyinco

Adventurer
Tom the homemade design is great! I also think I have all of those piece available to me minus the long screw, this may be an option for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1

Members online