Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Echo_29 said:
At the rate this is going hopefully the trailer will be recovered before it crosses the border.

This is a little off topic but this story ran in the NYTimes a couple of months ago: It Takes a Cyber Village to Catch an Auto Thief.

Nice NYT story, I know we have the community out there to pull something similar off, it's just that our search area is a little larger.

When we successfully recover the trailer it would make a great OJ story.

Martyn

GunnIt said:
Martyn,

If this guy is driving a JK and shows up in CA. to rent a AT he has likely been dialed in via the web. Has an administrator of this forum taken a look to see if this guy is a registered member and if so has he been seeking advice on road trips or camping spots? Just a thought.

Good idea I'll check.

Jeremy Deckling did initially contact us via e mail, so we do know he has been on the internet. He set himself up as a person wanting to buy one of our trailers. When we couldn't build the trailer in time for his vacation he decided to rent.

He also met up in person with our dealer in Snowflake and may have had internet contact with him. Jeremy Deckling portrayed himself as a person who was moving from Ohio to the Snowflake AZ area. So the spotting of the vehicle and trailer in the same area at the beginning of the week is interesting.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Martyn, might I make a suggestion...

Have you considered building a webpage on your site (or anywhere for that matter) with all of the details, photos, plate numbers, etc all in one single spot, might make it easier to update everyone as well as keep all the countless forums updated too.

James86004

Expedition Leader
GunnIt said:
I have alerted the the staff at my lodge on N Highway 89 A to look for this trailer. We are one of the few locations offering fuel in this region so if he comes this way, it is likely he might stop. All my employees know what my AT looks like so they will be on the lookout. If he is on the way to the North Rim, we might just see him.
If he is anything like me, he will find it hard to pass the lodge without stopping to eat.
http://abell.as.arizona.edu/~hill/4x4/northrim07/
4th & 6th picture down

Martyn

cruiseroutfit said:
Martyn, might I make a suggestion...

Have you considered building a webpage on your site (or anywhere for that matter) with all of the details, photos, plate numbers, etc all in one single spot, might make it easier to update everyone as well as keep all the countless forums updated too.

Good idea, will do.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Hijack in progress!!

GunnIt said:
I have alerted the the staff at my lodge on N Highway 89 A to look for this trailer. We are one of the few locations offering fuel in this region so if he comes this way, it is likely he might stop. All my employees know what my AT looks like so they will be on the lookout. If he is on the way to the North Rim, we might just see him.

What lodge is yours? I'll be up to do Page-Lee's ferry with my Daughters' 6th grade class on the 22nd.

Dave

End Hijack!!

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
mountainpete said:
I would say the word is definitely getting out. Try searching Stolen Adventure trailer on Google.

Very cool. :elkgrin:
121,000 hits on the search term as of 10:33am 5-15-08
Yaa baby!

I wonder, is the Mrs. a knowing part of this? When was the last time her parents heard from her?

chrisgru

More exact search result for "stolen adventure trailer"

ntsqd said:
121,000 hits on the search term as of 10:33am 5-15-08
Yaa baby!

I wonder, is the Mrs. a knowing part of this? When was the last time her parents heard from her?

You need to put your search terms in quotes to get a more realistic value. Without the quotes you will pick up results for pages that don't have the words right next to each other, or the words in different order etc.

Try this,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q="stolen+adventure+trailer"

There are 69 hits on that search - a much more reasonable number. It does look like the word is getting out!

Chris

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Mario, Martyn and AT crew, sorry to hear about this. I will keep an eye out hear in SoCal. Sure he's left area, but still.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
chrisgru said:
You need to put your search terms in quotes to get a more realistic value. Without the quotes you will pick up results for pages that don't have the words right next to each other, or the words in different order etc.

Try this,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q="stolen+adventure+trailer"

There are 69 hits on that search - a much more reasonable number. It does look like the word is getting out!

Chris
I like my number better!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design