Stolen Adventure Trailer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingVince

Explorer
kcowyo said:
After the trailer is found, I would suggest Martyn put out an APB on Bin Laden. With this kind of support and network, he'd be in chains in less than a week....:violent-smiley-031:

:jump: :bowdown:

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
It's a long shot, but I notified one of my contacts at our local National Forest Office. It's 3 blocks from my house. They alerted all of the forest service rangers.

The southwest is covered with Nat Forest and BLM land. Perhaps ExPo members could alert their local Nat Forest offices. The word "arson" got a raised eyebrow at my local office.

There's only so many places to hide an AT and the forests would be a likely spot.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Flounder said:
It's a long shot, but I notified one of my contacts at our local National Forest Office. It's 3 blocks from my house. They alerted all of the forest service rangers.

The southwest is covered with Nat Forest and BLM land. Perhaps ExPo members could alert their local Nat Forest offices. The word "arson" got a raised eyebrow at my local office.

There's only so many places to hide an AT and the forests would be a likely spot.

Thank you for your help.

Just to clarify, Jeremy Deckling, is under investigation for a suspicious fire that burnt his home to the ground. He has made a claim against his insurance company and they are also investigating him. At this time no formal charges have been filed. As with the secretive nature of all current investigations the people who know will tell me very little, and what they have told me is all "unofficial". If anyone happens to know any Fireman in Willard OH. We may be able to get some more detailed “unofficial” information.

Looking at his history he does not fit the normal profile for a criminal on the run. It's a big question mark as to why he would steal our trailer. If I had to hazard a guess I think he needed to hide out for a while, but what from doesn't appear to be on his record.

What I do know is that he made a mistake taking the Chaser trailer if he wanted to be inconspicuous.

NorCalSam

Adventurer
Flounder said:

Good idea Flounder

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Martyn said:
Thank you for your help.

Just to clarify, Jeremy Deckling, is under investigation for a suspicious fire that burnt his home to the ground. He has made a claim against his insurance company and they are also investigating him. At this time no formal charges have been filed. As with the secretive nature of all current investigations the people who know will tell me very little, and what they have told me is all "unofficial". If anyone happens to know any Fireman in Willard OH. We may be able to get some more detailed “unofficial” information.

Looking at his history he does not fit the normal profile for a criminal on the run. It's a big question mark as to why he would steal our trailer. If I had to hazard a guess I think he needed to hide out for a while, but what from doesn't appear to be on his record.

What I do know is that he made a mistake taking the Chaser trailer if he wanted to be inconspicuous.

I can only imagine whats going on with that family. I hope that they come out of all of this safe and sound. If I were running from something that could potentially hurt my family, stealing would just be a neccessity to keep them safe.
Who knows what the back story is. One this is for sure, like Martyn said, he chose the worst thing to steal. He has thousands of eyes looking for him now...

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Quick question for people who understand how the BLM and Forestry Service work.

Jeremy Deckling is just under investigation for arson, if the law enforcement side of the BLM and FS look Jeremy up on their data bases nothing is going to show up.

We suspect, his insurance company suspects, and the fire department suspects, him of arson.

If the BLM or FS want more info. how do we put them in contact with the insurance companies investigative branch, or the fire department that is investigating the suspicious fire?

TheGillz

Explorer
I just thought of another negative consiquence of this situation, Mr Deckling is diverting presious time and resources from design and build of the long(ingly) awaited clam-shell.

That bastage!

NorCalSam

Adventurer
TheGillz said:
I just thought of another negative consiquence of this situation, Mr Deckling is diverting presious time and resources from design and build of the long(ingly) awaited clam-shell.

That bastage!

LOL

thats true!!!!

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Sorry for the radio silence here, I have been traveling while this was unraveling. For those who thought there might be some confusion between spotting the trailer in question or me, to clarify I was not on the 191 in AZ. Also, the trailer I was towing was Scott Brady's white Chaser #1 with my silver Comanche. Here are some pictures of the exact trailer that has gone AWOL with Mr. Deckling.

Just to rehash and augment some details, the trailer is Olive Grey in color. It has an ExPo sticker on the left rear and has the only Serengeti tent in the country. The tires are 315/75/16 Toyo Geolanders and the rims are black steel ProComps. The main box and chassis were powder coated just a month ago and super clean. The nose box has a slight crumple in it and some rust on the lock hasp as it had come from an older trailer. The trailer is equipped with a battery and an Engel fridge with a cover. It is also outfitted with our latest air strut design suspension (this was the prototype Chaser for this upgrade). The fuel cans are red Scepter MFCs. It also has a few extra cargo tie downs added to the inside center of the lid and the side walls. The VIN # is 1A9CU1017U653077 with a California license plate 4HF3569.

Authorities have been notified and the legal process set in motion. For his own good, I hope he shows up with the trailer and an apology. Thanks to all the members here who have helped spread the word and offered advice. We really appreciate your support. This is an amazing network, no doubt.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
You realize that I can't take my AT out of the garage now. Despite the fact that I have a Horizon and the missing one is a Chaser, they really look a lot alike. I'm gonna get arrested because of this guy :Wow1:

Willman

Moody said:
Maybe he is lost out in the backcountry somewhere?

I have been thinking the same thing as Moody......Maybe something happened out in the backcountry?????

What do you guys think?

:REOutArchery02:

theexile

Adventurer
Willman said:
I have been thinking the same thing as Moody......Maybe something happened out in the backcountry?????

What do you guys think?

:REOutArchery02:

I thought they had been spotted on the highway after the agreed due date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1