Tentrax!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Well my tent has weathered the rain several times, but it's not the stock Tentrax tent, but judging by the rest of the trailer quality--should be NO LEAKY-

How does the Tentrax tent perform in the rain? We havent had a chance to take ours out in bad weather conditions.

And who has brakes on theirs? Factory or aftermarket?

No, I don't have any brakes on mine and haven't seen a need forem thru two different off-road vehicles, although-

I would immagine if you're driving a sub 4000lb 4x4, you might benefit by a setof brakes-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

ih8philly

Adventurer
:sombrero: Well my tent has weathered the rain several times, but it's not the stock Tentrax tent, but judging by the rest of the trailer quality--should be NO LEAKY-

No, I don't have any brakes on mine and haven't seen a need forem thru two different off-road vehicles, although-

I would immagine if you're driving a sub 4000lb 4x4, you might benefit by a setof brakes-

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I haven't felt it necessary either.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx, you know there were quite a few times that My Xterra rear brakes would get "HOT" going down the Sierras (I80), after numerous fishing/camping trips back to the Bay Area, a setof brakes probably woulda helped then, but

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I haven't felt it necessary either.

However, now that I've "Basecamped" here in nevada and now use my '08 JKUR--no problemo-since I'm already at 4200-ft alt. and Truckee is 1 hour away !!

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Dropped of the trailer at Line X yesterday decided to have them spray the entire bottom of the tub (not the lid). I am getting it done in black and using their premium product (no fade stays shiny). The lid will be painted Jeep Crush orange to match. So glad to see all of the positive comments on here i cant wait to take it out and use it!

What mods have you guys done? Jimbo i know you did your electrical stuff but what about those gas cans? What else?
I got the hubs and spacers in from George at Tentrax yesterday so when i get the trailer back thats my next project. Then i can get the matching rims and tires!

PS George at Tentrax is a great guy very nice and full of info even though i bought my trailer second hand.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: heh Heh, George is a top drawer dude--

Dropped of the trailer at Line X yesterday decided to have them spray the entire bottom of the tub (not the lid). I am getting it done in black and using their premium product (no fade stays shiny). The lid will be painted Jeep Crush orange to match. So glad to see all of the positive comments on here i cant wait to take it out and use it!

What mods have you guys done? Jimbo i know you did your electrical stuff but what about those gas cans? What else?
I got the hubs and spacers in from George at Tentrax yesterday so when i get the trailer back thats my next project. Then i can get the matching rims and tires!

PS George at Tentrax is a great guy very nice and full of info even though i bought my trailer second hand.

He has a beautiful home/BIG garage in the forrest West of Eugene and when I picked up my Tentrax about 5 years ago---an 8pt buck jumped right in front of me as I walked to his house-SHAZAM !

You gotta show us those pics when the paintings done-

I added interior lighs/exterior pwr plug/battery/700w inverter/spare tire carrier and spare tire/rearview camera/Airzone tent and base-

ih8philly

Adventurer

Care to share about how much its going to cost to get it painted? I got a quote recently to LineX the front/rear bumpers on my Rubicon (same stuff, premium no-fade). Came to $650 with them uninstalling/reinstalling the bumpers.

JPL

It looks great, but I can see why some wouldn't like it: it's like towing a motorcycle trailer behind some of the larger vehicles. If you've got room in the powered vehicle, it looks like its be a good trailer. And the price was right - they generally cost a lot more than that.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Outta curiousity--what do ya mean by "room in the powered vehicle ???

It looks great, but I can see why some wouldn't like it: it's like towing a motorcycle trailer behind some of the larger vehicles. If you've got room in the powered vehicle, it looks like its be a good trailer. And the price was right - they generally cost a lot more than that.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, I don't wanna belabor this point, but I doubt that you'll post again anyway--

The towing vehicle, not the towed.

:sombrero: You don't understand--what do you mean by "ROOM" in the towing vehicle ???

My point in "room" question was to question the implication that the TENTRAX is a small/little trailer that can't carry very much-

Well thats not quite true, as I've stated in many previous threads--the Tentrax is a special purpose trailer in that it'll go places most trailers won't and is the most manueverable trailer out there and it was really designed for small 4x4s, although-

The amount of equipment that can be carried in/on one is really surprising-

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Don't remember who asked but yeah the Line X is not cheap but the durability is top notch. No more scratches or paint chips. Again the entire tub below the lid will be done and after some back and forth on the price... 500$ out the door. I think I got another good deal lol :wings: I will defiantly post pictures as it progresses.
As for the trailer being small, its small but its big lol does that make sense? I have wanted a Tentrax since they started, i love camping but i dont travel light and i like being off the ground so i think thats why i have always wanted one. I had never seen one in person until i bought mine and the first thing i said was "oh wow thats bigger then i thought they were" it is small enough to follow you into the back country but big enough to hold all my camping gear. The weight to size ratio of these things are awesome. I also added a rear storage drawer system to the rear of my JKU and an ARB 50qt so i need the trailers storage space. The roof rack on the Tentrax is great and would also allow you to put some dry bags of stuff there too.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: BINGO--well said

Don't remember who asked but yeah the Line X is not cheap but the durability is top notch. No more scratches or paint chips. Again the entire tub below the lid will be done and after some back and forth on the price... 500$ out the door. I think I got another good deal lol :wings: I will defiantly post pictures as it progresses.
As for the trailer being small, its small but its big lol does that make sense? I have wanted a Tentrax since they started, i love camping but i dont travel light and i like being off the ground so i think thats why i have always wanted one. I had never seen one in person until i bought mine and the first thing i said was "oh wow thats bigger then i thought they were" it is small enough to follow you into the back country but big enough to hold all my camping gear. The weight to size ratio of these things are awesome. I also added a rear storage drawer system to the rear of my JKU and an ARB 50qt so i need the trailers storage space. The roof rack on the Tentrax is great and would also allow you to put some dry bags of stuff there too.

I've never had any trouble carrying enough for over a week and my ENGEL or Coleman coolers keep it copasetic !

SUNP0250.jpg

Sawmillllakejune12025.jpg

Quite a trailer-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design