Tentrax!

JPL

:sombrero: You don't understand--what do you mean by "ROOM" in the towing vehicle ???

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

I had a Mitsubishi Delica and once it was full of people (seven) there really wasn't room for luggage or jackets or pillows or purses or bag of McDonalds or much of anything else. So a trailer was a requirement.

Now that I have a Nissan Titan, I'm not even sure I need a trailer any more, but I'm too used to the idea of using one. It's nice to get to where you're going, set up camp, and then drive around exploring. Hard to do that with a bit fifth-wheel or a truck camper, so I image I'll still pull a little trailer behind.

Back to the original poster, there is a guy locally who is looking to build a DIY kit fibreglass-tub replica of the M101 trailer. I'd be interested in one of those for my rooftop tent, so I'll be keeping an eye out for when he gets that up and going.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
My Tentrax has an appointment to get the top painted to match the jeep next week!! :wings:

I have been contemplating this mod as well since my Tentrax is new to me and doesn't match either tow vehicle. I was wonder what it would come out like and behold, you've done it! Looks nice!!

What's the rationale for not doing the top section in LineX too?

Did you get full coverage in the bottom of the tub?

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Chris
The Line X turned out soooo good! I did not have the entire bottom done, the plastic fenders were removed and the entire wheel wells were done. As far as the bottom goes the line x rolls under the outside bottom edge and goes under 3" or so. I opted to do the top in paint for two reasons. First, I wanted part of the trailer to match the jeep and Line X can do that but... If i every decided to sell the trailer someone would have to live with orange (the color of my jeep). This way they can just paint the top to match if they want. Second reason is weight, the Line X would make the top heavier and did not want to do that even if it would have only been <20 lbs. Cant wait to drop it off Tomorrow and I pick it up the next day! :sombrero:

outsidecurtisp

Observer
Hi guys, it seems you all have some excelent knowledge of the Tentrax trailers. I like the idea alot. I have the opportunity to purchase a 2004 model. This would be to supplement my RTT. The price is around $3200. However, it does need a new tent. The trailer itself is in very good shape. Minor paint touch-ups. It has 35" BFG's. They are new. My question is; is the price on target? If i buy it, should I buy a new tent from Tentrax? Or are there other options? Thanks for the help.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Outside,
I would go to the tentrax web site and price out the trailer you are looking at as if it was new. Thats what i did. Once i new what the trailer cost new i decided i was getting a good deal. Keeping in mind condition of course. A new tent set up from tentrax is 1400.00 seems pricy but thats about what a RTT would cost that size.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Is there anyone out there that could photoshop a picture of the trailer with the matching jeep tires and wheels? I would love to see what its going to look like before i drop the cash.

Thanks

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Is there anyone out there that could photoshop a picture of the trailer with the matching jeep tires and wheels? I would love to see what its going to look like before i drop the cash.

Thanks

Just do it- you will like it! The wheels that you have on your Jeep are awesome!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:

PICT0106.jpg

Tentrax538s002.jpg

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design