WASURF63's New ATFlippac

WASURF63

Adventurer
I trimmed it all off with some inexpensive patio furniture cushions.
This was my lazy side that got me thinking it would be easier to wash these or just toss them once my dogs (and 4yo daughter) thrashed them.
I also built a protective, removable panel for the fridge/freezer comp.

Note the suede black-out curtains covering the cab window. They go perfect with the red mood lighting feature provided by the optional LED's from the guys at Adventure Trailers.

I've been carrying surfboards a couple ways (as pictured) until I brainstorm a better idea. The longest board I've fit diagonally is a 7'6" for all those inquiring surf types. :costumed-smiley-007

Attachments

• 3FP100_4112.JPG
    3FP100_4112.JPG
    359.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 3FP100_4101.JPG
    3FP100_4101.JPG
    269.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 3FP100_4108.JPG
    3FP100_4108.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 3FP100_4102.JPG
    3FP100_4102.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 3FP100_4104.JPG
    3FP100_4104.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 3FP100_4105.JPG
    3FP100_4105.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 3FP100_4116.JPG
    3FP100_4116.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 3FP100_4121.JPG
    3FP100_4121.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

ddawson

Adventurer
I really have to say your rig looks awesome with it so far. Quick question though, I'm thinking about purchasing a flippac, but was just wondering if its possible to mount surf racks on the flippac, since I do have quite a few boards and take several trips down to baja and mainland every year.
Cheers.

I don't have racks mounted on mine, but there is a lot of room for boards depending on how you have the inside configured and what type of board you ride. I have a carpet kit in the bed of my truck and try to pack fairly light. One of my last trips, I fit seven boards on the inside (for three guys, not just me) and the biggest board we brought was a 6'6".

ddawson

Adventurer
I trimmed it all off with some inexpensive patio furniture cushions.
This was my lazy side that got me thinking it would be easier to wash these or just toss them once my dogs (and 4yo daughter) thrashed them.
I also build a protective, removable panel for the fridge/freezer comp.

Note the suede black-out curtains covering the cab window. They go perfect with the red mood lighting feature provided by the optional LED's from the guys at Adventure Trailers.

I've been carrying surfboards a couple ways (as pictured) until I brainstorm a better idea. The longest board I've fit diagonally is a 7'6" for all those inquiring surf types. :costumed-smiley-007

I really like the interior set up on your truck, great ideas there!:sombrero:

WASURF63

Adventurer
Looks great!!! :Wow1:

More details/pics on your water tank/water system please!

Thanks! I swear I didn't copy any of your designs. (Ok, so I did...:sombrero:)
Does that table look kinda familiar, but with a twist?

I will snap some photos of the water tank system and post 'em up when I get some free time (hopefully this week).

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Thanks! I swear I didn't copy any of your designs. (Ok, so I did...:sombrero:)
Does that table look kinda familiar, but with a twist?

I will snap some photos of the water tank system and post 'em up when I get some free time (hopefully this week).

Yeah it looks familiar, by the time I made it to that final phase of the interior build I was outta gas... :smilies27

Who makes your tank and what is the capacity?

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Very elegant

Nicely done. I like the little touches such as the sliding top that becomes a table and the curtains on the forward window. It's starting to look pretty darn cozy!

WASURF63

Adventurer
Who makes your tank and what is the capacity?[/QUOTE

Fimco Industries, 15 gal cap, 35psi @ 1 gpm. It "sips" water.
An internet search will bring it up available from many dealers (Northern Tool, Gemplers, etc,)
I've used the exact same unit in my '00 Tundra and '08 Tacoma without failure, before transferring it to this rig.

It's a modified spot sprayer that has only had water run through it.
I have it set up to run as a shower from the 12v pump and also as a gravity
system for larger volume water use and easy drainage.

I would love to have one of the slick systems that AT offers (like Mario's), but it's just not within my budget.

I will post some photos if you're still interested.:coffee:

Walt

WASURF63

Adventurer
Nicely done. I like the little touches such as the sliding top that becomes a table and the curtains on the forward window. It's starting to look pretty darn cozy!

Thanks for offering this awesome platform. It fits the bill perfectly for us, and has become very cozy indeed. I appreciate all the kind words.:sombrero:

Regards, Walt

WASURF63

Adventurer
I have a carpet kit in the bed of my truck and try to pack fairly light. One of my last trips, I fit seven boards on the inside (for three guys, not just me) and the biggest board we brought was a 6'6".

I don't see myself drilling into the top of the ATFP or mounting any type of rack to this rig either. Been there, done that. I prefer to roll in the stealth mode when it comes to surfing anyway (no display of boards, no surf stickers, etc).

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Fimco Industries, 15 gal cap, 35psi @ 1 gpm. It "sips" water.
An internet search will bring it up available from many dealers (Northern Tool, Gemplers, etc,)
I've used the exact same unit in my '00 Tundra and '08 Tacoma without failure, before transferring it to this rig.

It's a modified spot sprayer that has only had water run through it.
I have it set up to run as a shower from the 12v pump and also as a gravity
system for larger volume water use and easy drainage.

I would love to have one of the slick systems that AT offers (like Mario's), but it's just not within my budget.

I will post some photos if you're still interested.:coffee:

Walt

Thanks, please post some more pics and details on your setup as I am looking at options and ideas now for my own camp water solution :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpinkall1