Where did you ride this last weekend?

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
For me, it was a 1200 mile jaunt through S. Colorado and N. New Mexico!

I think I recall someone saying that a GS couldn't do the high, off road passes in Colorado...unless the rider was a bit nuts...

Glad I take that as a challenge!

Cheers!

-H-

78359656-M.jpg

78359659-M.jpg

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
No rides for me!
I had to fly up here to Seattle for a conference.
But I did see some AWESOME looking forest around Mt Rainier as we flew over.
Does that count?
:D
Ed

Scott Brady

Founder
Nice Andrew; I didnt know you were planning this little jaunt. :luxhello:

Engineer Pass is over 12k if I remember. How did the bike perform (being non-injected).

Photoleif,

That was a funny shot :hehe:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I didn't get to *ride* anywhere...but I was in Colorado with everyone else. Had to drive though.....no bike to ride.

BUT!!!!! Speaking of riding......

****WARNING: Thread hijack in progress******

The first round of '07 f650's have been allocated.....6 to 8 weeks before arrival in Tucson...the deposit has been paid.....6 to 8 weeks plus one day before arrival in my garage.

****END: Thread hijack*******

+ d

Adventurer
goodtimes said:
The first round of '07 f650's have been allocated.....6 to 8 weeks before arrival in Tucson...the deposit has been paid.....6 to 8 weeks plus one day before arrival in my garage.

NICE!
:box:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Yup,

Engineer is up at about 13K and the pass is at 12,800. The carb'ed airhead did just great at that altitude!

Now...for a little sneak peak...I just worked a deal on a new ride this morning...I'll be movin' up in the world of BMWs! :ylsmoke:

78512506-M.jpg

So, if anyone wants a "round the world ready" 1988 R100GS...speak up! Because of my garage...my moto situation is like a Highlander...there can be only one!

-H-
(Giddy about picking up a new bike! :jumping: :jumping: )

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
I just took an evening cruise last weekend. I rode from Calgary to Kananaskis Country via hwy 66 and back. Nice relaxing ride...

photoleif

Observer
mountainpete said:
I just took an evening cruise last weekend. I rode from Calgary to Kananaskis Country via hwy 66 and back. Nice relaxing ride...
nice! dang i wish we were heading up there for a vacation. we loved the week we spent in lake louise village in, er, 2001? we got mightily snowed on, on july 4. it was hilarious.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Mine was not relaxing, nor off road, but still fun none the less. And, it was not done via motorcycle either.

CalScreaminAttrLowBand.jpg

ErrinV

Observer
I didn't ride anywhere this weekend either, but I was on the road. Wifey, the dog and I went up to Great Falls, MT to visit my sis and then we went to Yellowstone. Drove through Idaho, Oregon and then down 395 for a nice road trip.

Towed a 1947 Ken-Skill Teardrop.

78780789-M.jpg

78784035-M.jpg

ErrinV

Observer
Ron B said:
just happened accros this thread -- Errin, that trailer is way cool!

RB

Thanks Ron. It was pretty fun to travel with it. Everytime we stopped someone would ask about it. The only problem was that since it wasn't ours we were constantly worried about it. We ended up breaking one window and bending a frame on the other one. I had considered buying it before, but realize that it's not for us. It's a little too fragile for me, but it is almost 60 years old.

Errin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nchamp