Burying gray water?

I can't imagine that digging a hole, dumping the gray and throwing dirt over it would be viewed any differently from just dumping it. Anyway, easy enough to ask. With the info for every sort of public land available on the internet you should be able to know before you go. Obviously there will always be folks who are so special rules don't apply to them.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
That's the way Avion did it in 1957.

Of course my Avion is the second oldest Avion known to still exist. I'd say they were still trying to figure that stuff out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ripperj

Explorer
There is very popular campground in CT that have grey water connections that are just 1” PVC that dump into a 4” line that ends up in the drainage ditch along the camp road to the sites.
The place sees lots of traffic, I can’t imagine that they would get away with it if it was illegal.

Where does your grey water from you house go?……. Right in the ground( assuming no city sewer). The leach field does no magic to any soaps,oils, drain cleaner(definitely should not use on a septic system), and anything else the kids dump down the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

javajoe79

Fabricator
I kinda get it, but when I think of gray water, I think about all the cattle, the deer, the buffalo, the rabbits, the cats and dogs, the wolves, the foxes, the turtles, even the freaking birds that crap in the woods.

Why is it human crap is so toxic and the rest of the living species on earth that crap aren't so toxic?

Gray water isn't even crap, it can just be water than ran over my beer mug to wash it out! How freaking toxic is that compared to rain water full of carbon or whatever else is in the air?

It's pretty much authorities finding something to regulate to charge you with some crime to fine **************** and make you get in line with the capitalistic toilet businesses that reign over you.

Now, being responsible, I'd take that environmentally responsible soap junk, no, I don't want to harm the environment, but seriously, water? Think about it, you can't destroy water, might take longer to filter out bad stuff, but water evaporates, nature cleans it, it falls back to earth as rain.

It's ridiculous to go there, it's clearly a function of regulation and economic penalties for mankind alone, if you do this we will fine you and make you a bad dude in society. F them, i'm dumping gray water on the freaking ground where it belongs to filter out and add to the water table. BTW, I don't use bleach!
Well.... there's definitely a reason we can't just dump whatever, wherever. Dumping too much of just about anything somewhere can be bad. They didn't just decide to regulate and fine people for no reason.

ReluctantTraveler

Where does your grey water from you house go?……. Right in the ground( assuming no city sewer). The leach field does no magic to any soaps,oils, drain cleaner(definitely should not use on a septic system), and anything else the kids dump down the sink.

Most residential homes in the US (at least here in the Northeast) send graywater into the same drain system as their black.

In some areas that means city sewer, in others, a septic system. Our home has this horrible "private sewer" thing for our neighborhood.

Regardless of the setup, nothing goes "straight into the ground" though. It's always processed or filtered somehow before being leached out.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
IF you DO NOT LIVE in an urban area where city sewers are available you have a SEPTIC TANK system at your home, trailer site or building to deal with your human waste, grey water and black water use at your property.

Guess What?

The Septic tank filled with Schidt eating critters takes care of most of the solid waste and the liquid fluid (grey liquid water and black liquid water) flows out of the tank into your leach field and ultimately INTO THE GROUND!

Is that liquid flowing into the ground treated better than just dumping on the ground?

Absolutely!

The final result is STILL liquid going into the ground one way or another.

Last edited:

Ozarker

Guys, my rant was mainly about pouring water out in the Mark Twain Forest.

When I was a kid, I'd ride my 10speed bike 40 miles to Table Rock Lake, at Branson, Mo. I could stand on a dock and see the lake bottom in 15+ feet of water. The population of Branson was about 3,500, today it's 12,600+ along with over a million visitors, you can't see the bottom of the lake in 3 feet of water.
1671727819095.png
1960 Silver Dollar City cast, where later I worked for the guy on the far right of the bottom row, leading horseback rides.

The horses would dump on the trail, in the river that led to the lake. We didn't think anything of it back then.

Today there are about 35,000 head of cattle in Stone County, Even more in Christian County and Greene County, both upstream.

The authorities still don't think anything of it, they do care about the residents who have septic tanks, perc tests required, fines if not functioning properly. Resorts around the lake have their own sewer treatment facilities. Branson has a sewer system.

This is limestone country, my place on the lake sat on about 2/3 feet of dirt then on a solid rock shelf. The place was built in the early 60's, the septic sat in a concrete block walled area above ground, the laterals were laid above ground initially then sloped off in those 2 or 3 feet of soil. The leach field was 90 feet from the lake. While this is not the best sewer system, it's a lot better than BS dumped on the ground or in the waters.

@vintageracer Guess what, most septic systems are not Aeration Sceptics, where aerobic injected systems are used, you just pump out the solids. I'm speaking of powered automated systems, not just best practice for proper maintenance.

MODNR can get ones attention when they say the fine for illegal sewer systems can be $25,000 per discharge occurrence or $10,000 per day! Yet, farmers and "ranchers" run cattle through the rivers and lake shallows without a thought or a dime to pay.

I may sound bitter, but I'm not really, the lake needs to be cleaned up, but the real violators need to be more responsible.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Today there are about 35,000 head of cattle in Stone County, Even more in Christian County and Greene County, both upstream. Yet, farmers and "ranchers" run cattle through the rivers and lake shallows without a thought or a dime to pay.

I may sound bitter, but I'm not really, the lake needs to be cleaned up, but the real violators need to be more responsible.

What about the 35,000 cows in Stone County that FART OFTEN & EVERYDAY along with the TENS OF THOUSANDS MORE COWS doing their part in Greene and Christian County?

Let's not forget about all that Air Pollution and Noise Pollution!

For Shame!

All this Water, Air and Noise Pollution going on in Southwest Missouri leads to my question:

Is Branson and the whole southwest corner of Missouri now on the Government Toxic Waste Site List?

Sounds to me like it's time to MOOOOVE!

;);)

Updated!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design