Burying gray water?

Joe917

Explorer
So never dump at a camp spot, boondocking site etc.
Make use of rv dump sites, there are lots in US and Canada.
Dump on remote dirt roads while driving. An electric dump valve is the easy way.
Bio friendly soaps etc.

Ozarker

So never dump at a camp spot, boondocking site etc.
Make use of rv dump sites, there are lots in US and Canada.
Dump on remote dirt roads while driving. An electric dump valve is the easy way.
Bio friendly soaps etc.
So that's how the Class A was dumping in front of me yesterday going to Ft. Wood on I-44!

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
In this country (Oz), it is illegal to drop ANYTHING on a road, including pure water.
Our common practice in remote areas (on unsurfaced roads) is to drop our grey water, while stationary, on the unsurfaced road verge, well away from habitation or native vegetation of any kind.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!

Attachments

• IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3340.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20210904_104602.jpg
    20210904_104602.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3385.JPG
    IMG_3385.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3386.JPG
    IMG_3386.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3387.JPG
    IMG_3387.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15

ripperj

Explorer
That Avion looks really nice. There is a similar one around the corner from me that never moves. I keep thinking about stopping and see if they want to part with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
In the US, generally speaking you cannot dispose of a gray water tank on the ground.

But what about burying it, like you would cassette toilet waste?

I've done some research and have been unable to find anything on this. Curious to hear how y'all handle this when out in remote places for extended periods of time.
I pour mine on plants. They love it.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
IF you DO NOT LIVE in an urban area where city sewers are available you have a SEPTIC TANK system at your home, trailer site or building to deal with your human waste, grey water and black water use at your property.

Guess What?

The Septic tank filled with Schidt eating critters takes care of most of the solid waste and the liquid fluid (grey liquid water and black liquid water) flows out of the tank into your leach field and ultimately INTO THE GROUND!

Is that liquid flowing into the ground treated better than just dumping on the ground?

Absolutely!

The final result is STILL liquid going into the ground one way or another.

This

Ozarker

Animals are part of the eco system. They poop everywhere and the environment handles it fine since it is well dispersed. Dumping a 20 gallon grey water tank is not the same thing. AND we are not part of that eco system. BUT we do have sani stations to manage our impact on the environment.

Watch a deer run up a slope.... then watch a dirt bike do it. 1000 deer only leave a packed trail. 10 dirt bikes can destroy the water shed. If you try to argue the point, you are only driving the people who manage the forests to gate access.
Not talk'n bout dirt bikes, talk'n bout humans, like we aren't in the eco system.

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Differences Between Human & Animal Manure | Pets on Mom.com
"Fertilization
Horse, cow, goat, sheep and rabbit manure can be used as a means of fertilization. Because these animals are all plant-eaters, their manure is high in nutrients and organic matter, which can help stimulate the growth of crops and grass. For example, cow manure can be used as a top dressing for crops and for soil improvement. According to Plantea.com, anywhere from 75 percent to 90 percent of the plant nutrients fed to animals are excreted in their manure. Manure of meat-eating animals such as dogs (and humans) should not be used as fertilizer because it can contain harmful bacteria and parasites."
I added the red bit.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design