Tentrax!

Tom and Elaine

Observer
I like the color combo also-- Looks great. You gotta have matching wheels, just wouldn't be right without them!!!! I will try to get some pictures of some of the little things we've done with our trailer. Tom and Elaine

tweenerlj

Adventurer
Is there anyone out there that could photoshop a picture of the trailer with the matching jeep tires and wheels? I would love to see what its going to look like before i drop the cash.

Thanks

Tentrax.jpg

Crappy quick and dirty chop to give you an idea.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
That photoshop is good LOL I like it!
Just got back from our first camping trip it the Tentrax! It went great and it was great having all that storage room in the trailer. The jeep was practically empty and we don't trail light lol. Pictures to be posted soon!

Slambo

New to the forum!

Hey all,

Just found this forum although I have had my Backcountry trailer for a couple years now. Apparently it is a predecessor to the Tentrax name. Can't remember right now, but I think it is a 1993 model. I bought it off a very nice retired couple that were selling off some of their toys. I paid $500 and removed the tub from the frame and repainted the frame and then put new wheels and tires on it. Tent was in excellent shape. They had traveled all over the southwest with it behind a CJ-7 and a Landcruiser. Has CJ-7 hubs so I don't have matching wheels but that's fine for me. Anyway, I love it. I'll post some pics if I figure out how!

Glad to be here to talk about our trailers.

Slambo

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 22

Slambo

Couple of camping pics

Thanks Rock-Eater. I joined the other Tentrax forum also...not much activity though.

Found a couple of pics from a trip. The blue storage boxes are from Walmart and fit perfectly in the center compartment of the trailer. Makes it quick and easy to load and unload all the stuff.

Attachments

• 100_1289.jpg
    100_1289.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_1291.jpg
    100_1291.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 26

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I was the old Adventure trailers and bought by George Dillon of Eugene Oregon and name changed to TENTRAX-

I bought mine in 2007 and drove to his mountain ranch in West Eugene, to pickit up--

Ya aughta see that place !!I got there and parked in front of his TENTRAX warehouse, where the're assembled and he yelled to me from his hoouse, about 75 yds up the yard, so I walked up to meet and talk over the deal--BAM an 8 point buck leaped right in front of me and stopped in the dense brush and "looked at me"--WOW

He really redesigned and updated an already autstanding--special purpose off-road trailer (Corvette)-

2-01-11068-1.jpg

They are very supportive of mods as long as you're careful of the external paint /fiberglass construction--but the frame/tongue and Dexter axles are highly modifyable

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

LSWEENEY

Great trailer! I have one as well. I converted to jeep wheels to match my JK and put on mud terrains. I also rewired the trailer and added led tail lights and led back up lights. I run the back up lights through a switch on my dash that controls the back up ligjts in my LOD rear bumper. Very handy when positioning the trailer in a dark camp.

Planning on adding a belly mounted, marine grade water tank next.

Slambo

Pic of my "galley unit"

Just a quick pic of my 'Galley unit". Table top was salvaged from a sailboat I used to own. I modified it to slide onto a rail on the side of the trailer and I use the little storage rack as the front support and place to put paper towels, utensils, etc. The camp stove sits on the table top when I'm cooking. View attachment 135807The little rack comes apart and lays flat along with the table top in the center compartment of the trailer. Going camping this weekend by the way with the wife.

Slambo

165.jpg

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Great trailer! I have one as well. I converted to jeep wheels to match my JK and put on mud terrains. I also rewired the trailer and added led tail lights and led back up lights. I run the back up lights through a switch on my dash that controls the back up ligjts in my LOD rear bumper. Very handy when positioning the trailer in a dark camp.

Looking forward to some pictures!

squinko

Observer

Post some pics of the belly mounted water tank when that is done. I too would like to add one. Great idea.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Great pic with that table I like that idea! Nothing new with our trailer its still sitting in the garage dirty from are last trip. Its been to cold to wash and clean it up. The new JK hubs are sitting in the box waiting to be instaled but with Xmas and all the new wheels and tires (1100$) have to wait. Soon though... soon. Keep the Tentrax info coming :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design